“I miss the old Queen of the Nile”
Review of Queen Of the Nile

Queen Of the Nile
Ranked #2,479 of 3,923 Restaurants in Gauteng
Cuisines: International
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 10 April 2017

I used to go to the Queen of The Nile at least once a year with my family. It always offered great food and ambiance. I went back there last year and everything has now changed; they are now called Rosettas, the nice Egyptian inspired decor is gone but worse the table we were given was dirty, I had to ask the waiter to change my glass and cutlery. Food was OK, not so much variety anymore... I had a piece of meat, veggies and ice cream for desert. A complete disappointment... Not going back there.

Reviewed 12 October 2016 via mobile

Last time I was there, the buffet was ok, not so great from what I'm used to. The dessert was nicer though than the main course. Not sure if I would visit soon

Reviewed 27 June 2016

Queen of the Nile is one of a dozen or more restaurants in the food court area of the Emperor’s Palace Casino near the Johannesburg airport, formerly Caesar’s Palace.
I wanted Indian food, and wasn’t expecting much, but was pleasantly surprised. Darn it, we were too early for the buffet, so I had fish curry with some sort of sauce that I don’t remember the name of—but it was excellent and the fish was tasty and firm: not cheap.
My two buddies had different dishes and both were very pleased.
I’d definitely go back and would love to try the buffet.

1  Thank riecke
Reviewed 4 May 2016

Very interesting setting for a dining experience as the decor is an egyptian ship, food was average buffet setting with choices of foods including some native dishes.

1  Thank Gugue K
Reviewed 3 March 2016

Best dishes, staff was friendly and the place looks amazing. Wish I could stay there longer! Will definitly visit again!

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant