MoAfrika Lodge
Agoda.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
All reviewsthe ownerplace to staytraveling alonecentral johannesburgtea kettleafrican styleapartheid museumquiet areaclose to the airportcommon areaskruger national parkpleasant surpriseandrewdogstourslodgesafari
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 September 2015

A huge thanks to Corrie and the staff, for making our evening so special and letting us use your facilities. Also for letting us send up our lanterns that was so important to us.

We had an awesome evening, everybody was friendly, helpful and professional. your facilities and service were out of this world. A true gem in the rough.

Thanks you, Brian Tasj and family.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 September 2015

I was ill for most of my stay and Nomsa, Lavender, Rosina (who cooked me soup and cooed over me like a mom) were SO awesome and wonderful, as were others whose names I never knew.

Norman gave a great tour and was very personable as well as informative, and Innocent a fabulous driver (especially as my flight was 2 hours late and he had to come to the airport twice).

Food is excellent, great value b/c airport transfers are included, and on warm sunny days the pool and grounds are quite nice.

Rooms big and spacious. Not enough hot water for a shower a couple of days, and a bit chilly one night, but overall quite comfortable.

My only beef is with the owner/manager, Anthony, who never answered a single email (though I'd been referred specifically to him) and refused to give me the tour discount that was advertised on the webpage for staying at the lodge.

Advice? Ensure you HAVE the discount before going on the tour.

Room Tip: All rooms seemed pretty good. Sometimes dogs barking, but never while I was sleeping.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 July 2015

I don't think there is a word to describe how wonderful MoAfrika staff is. Ouma Corrie and Dion are wonderful. Whenever my students or I have a question or need help they have smiles and help us out more then necessary. They are like family. My organization has been staying at MoAfrika for the last several years, and this year is the best year yet. We wouldn't be as successful with out MoAfrica. Thanks for all the support, laughs, and memories.

Room Tip: room 5 is private and has a tub in the bathroom
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 July 2015

Turning down the dirt road surrounded by fields toward the lodge you really start to wonder what you are getting into. I was not excited when I arrived, however after meeting the friendly staff and seeing the rooms my attitude changed really quickly. The rooms are large and comfortable and the lodge itself is quite charming. Considering how expensive lodges are in Joburg and the airport, you get a great value by staying a little farther away. You get a free airport transfer and a nice hot breakfast included in the price. As a stopover to or from the airport its a great place to relax.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 July 2015

It's not very new or fancy. But cute, nice rooms (with airco, tv, big closet, hair dryer etc), simple but good breakfast and really nice staff. Price/quality is great!!! Location is good if you want to be close to the airport.
Wifi was not working when we were there. They also have a small braai area.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends