US$54
US$48
Priceline
US$45
Savings alert! 36% below average rates

The price you found is 36% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$70/night.

US$45
US$43
US$63
US$53
Priceline
US$65
US$33
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$43/night.

US$38
US$31
Agoda.com
  • Pool
African Silhouette Guesthouse(Benoni)(Great Value!)
US$42
US$41
  • Breakfast included
Outlook Lodge O.R. Tambo(Benoni)(Great Value!)
US$40
All reviewsthe ownerandrewdogslodgetour
Reviewed 4 April 2016 via mobile

Stayed here at the end of a camping tour through Africa. I knew this was where we were ending and so emailed the hotel 2 months in advance to make a booking. The invoice they sent had their bank details on it and so I did an international bank transfer to send them the balance. I realised this would make the payment slightly later than due and emailed them to ensure that was ok. On no reply, I assumed it was fine.
On arrival at the lodge there was no issues and I was ushered into a large room with three beds(!) and a clean bathroom. Towels and everything provided. I cannot fault the quality of the lodge.
However, on checkout - just a few minutes before I was due to leave at the airport. They demanded payment. I informed them I had already had extensive email conversations with them about the payment and I had sent a transfer. They just replied there was no record.
Their poor wifi meant I could access neither my bank, nor my emails to prove I had paid. Not wanting to be late to the airport, I decided to just pay it. They did not take debit or credit cards, nor could they take dollars at that moment because they "didn't know the exchange rate"
I just had enough rand to be able to pay the balance.

On follow up email, I was promised they would look into the issue and talk to their manager. I have, however, not received any further communication and am very disappointed with their service.

Demand a deposit and/or payment for a booking and then pretend you haven't received it !

Stayed: March 2016
2  Thank Terri P
Reviewed 24 March 2016 via mobile

This place is awesome. Nice cozy accommodation for our final night of our Acacia africa tour. Nice common areas to sit and chat, and close to Joburg to head out to the markets and do some shopping. Comfy beds and cozy rooms. Definitely enjoyed my stay.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 December 2015 via mobile

The lodge had spacious clean rooms, comfy beds, great bathrooms, pool table, swimming pool, lounge with big TV, fast WiFi. There are many options including single, twin, triple and dorm rooms too. Reasonable price for a great place to stay!

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 October 2015

I stayed here in August and September. Both times I was promptly picked up /or taken to the airport and the drivers were very friendly. I stayed in the dorm room that was mixed so we had guys and gals. The bathroom had a large tub, shower, sink and toilet. All very clean, plenty of towels and lots of electrical outlets in the room (which was a must as we all had to charge something!) They had a tea kettle and a blow dryer for us which was a pleasant surprise (in the room!) The staff is what really makes this place. They are attentive, friendly and went the extra mile on everything. When I had to leave at 5am, they actually had someone get up and meet me to make sure I was picked up and give me a hug goodbye.

As to the bed size from a previous comment. These are twin beds. They fit just fine. The sheets were clean, pillows were nice, blankets on the beds and a towels on our bed. I slept wonderfully and I am a picky sleeper when it comes to beds. Not too hard, not too soft. I cannot speak for the other rooms but I am guessing the beds do not vary as they did not in the dorm which slept 10 and they were all the same.

Dinner was a local fare and was very good with a traditional African Malva Pudding after wards..OMG it was delicious! Breakfast gave you a choice of cereals (that are out all night with juices so you can have a bite any time) and eggs, toast, bacon, coffee, tea.
The WiFi worked fine, unless you have too many people trying to get on. I found this to be true all over South Africa as the internet there is not great-country wide.

The pool is not heated so in the winter - be prepared if you want to go in!

I would and will be staying here a 3rd and 4th time. The ambiance is great, it is very close to the airport but not in the city of Jo'Burg which believe me is great!

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank boxerone
Reviewed 11 October 2015

Spent the first night here during our South Africa trip. Didn't start very well, as we arrived at Johannesburg Airport and the transfer to the hotel was not waiting where it was supposed to be waiting. Had to call the lodge (the number provided to us did not work, so had to go online to find another number, resulting in significant mobile provider costs on the first day already) and had to chase the lodge three times as the statement 'the driver is underway' meant a 2 hour waiting period (on a 15 minute trip). In the end we were the last tourists waiting at Jo'burg Airport on a late Monday evening, not a very good feeling to start the holiday with. The hotel itself was ok for a single night on arrival, but definitely not something we would return to, mainly due to 1) beds were about 1.20m wide and 1.60m long. As both my wife and I are between 1.85m and 1.89m it meant we were hardly able to sleep at all, 2) the room was not very clean, with hairs of previous occupants still on the bed and towels and 3) breakfast was very limited and not very structured. Additionally it was very annoying that we were preparing to check-out and had to wait for the cable guy to double-check the tv connections in our room, I cannot understand why they could not have them wait 15 minutes to give their guests the opportunity to check-out. Next time I would book a different accomodation.

My rating for an accomodation is primarily based on the most important elements of an accomodation: quality of the beds, comfort of sleeping and the breakfast (and since this is 2015: availability of (free) Wi-Fi). Furthermore additional elements like e.g. providing of information by the host, availability of an (honesty) bar and location of the accomodation.

Stayed: September 2015