“Horrible Unsafe Location - Rooms OK”

Holiday Inn Johannesburg Airport
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Boksburg
Reviewed 18 September 2017

Clean rooms but the architecture of up and down stairs was a little interesting. Staff was good. Shuttle service was ok from airport. Told not walk the one block to McDonalds for safety reasons unless we left our cell phones and jewelry - so you can be the judge of how safe this area really is.

Room Tip: Try the Intercontinental Hotel
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Nicola-HIJA, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Johannesburg Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2017

Good Afternoon yellowpixels

Thank you for taking the time to send feedback on your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Johannesburg airport

I was pleased to hear that you experienced good service from our staff and found the rooms to be comfortable.

Crime is an unfortunate reality in South Africa, regardless of whether you are in the heart of Sandton or in Boksburg. We take our guest's safety very seriously and it would be irresponsible if our team did not advise you against walking the 1 kilometre to MacDonalds, we do apologize if this made you feel that the area was not safe.

Nicola Noble - Sales and Marketing Manager

Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

We have an overnight layover and wanted to stay near the airport. This is very convenient. Regular shuttle service between here and the airport and to a large mall with plenty of restaurants to choose from. There is a good restaurant at the hotel, pool and small gym. This has been perfect for what we were looking for.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Nicola-HIJA, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Johannesburg Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2017

Good Day mjmbkk.

Thank you so much for taking the time to give feedback on your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Johannesburg Airport.

I was delighted to hear that you found the hotel
both convenient and comfortable and that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Nicola Noble
Sales and Marketing Manager

Reviewed 13 September 2017

The hotel is about 10kms from airport in an odd location. The hotel itself seems to be an old property which was touched up , but definitely not up to a fresh standard. For 1 night , I managed , even though the airconditioning was not very effective . I think there will be better hotels closer for an over night stay

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Good Day ZMR

Thank you for taking the time to send feedback on your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Johannesburg Airport.

I was disappointed to hear that the hotel
did not meet your expectations, and I will pass along your comments to the relevant teams.

Nicola Noble - Sales and Marketing Manager

Reviewed 11 September 2017

I've stayed in quite a few Holiday Inns and this one pretty much follows the formula with a couple of differences.

The staff, as usual, were very friendly and helpful. Checkin is smooth and quick.

The rooms are older than any of the other HI's I've been in and so they're a bit dated and don't smell as fresh. All the same they're clean and the linens, hot water, etc. are all acceptable.

I would probably have given this one a 3 except for the lavish included breakfast. While all the HI's I've been in include breakfast THIS one was the only one that was worth eating. It was as good as any 4 star hotel buffet breakfast.

I'd stay here again if I was just passing through if only for the breakfast :)

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Nicola-HIJA, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Johannesburg Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2017

Good Evening MarkfromtheIsland.

Thank you for taking time to send feedback in regards to your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Johannesburg Airport.

I was happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, I was even more delighted to hear that you had enjoyed your breakfast with us, I will pass along your lovely comments to our Food and Beverage team.

We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Nicola Noble - Sales And Marketing Manager

Reviewed 9 September 2017

I stayed at this hotel in Aug/Sep 2016 and needed to spend a night in Boksburg so chose this hotel again. I have to say upfront - this is a basic hotel however the staff really make your stay here something special.

Check-in - 5/5 - I was welcomed as an IHG member along with a welcome drink. Process was smooth + efficient and we were told everything about the hotel.
Room - 4/5 - quite spacious and I noticed the hotel has now installed double-windows to block out the overhead plane noises. Wow, I was quite impressed with this. Good on you Holiday Inn.
We didn't have time to use the hotel facilities nor did we have breakfast.
Check-out - 5/5 - equally as competent as check-in.

I haven't stayed at other hotels within the area however I would recommend you give this hotel a chance.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Nicola-HIJA, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Johannesburg Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2017

Good Afternoon Yuvan29

Thank you for taking the time to give feedback on your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Johannesburg Airport.

I was delighted to read your comments and I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass along your lovely comments to the team.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Nicola Noble -Sales and Marketing Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Boksburg
6.3 km away
4.1 km away
Europrime Hotel
Europrime Hotel
#5 of 6 in Boksburg

Been to Holiday Inn Johannesburg Airport? Share your experiences!