US$85
US$62
Birchwood Hotel(Boksburg)
US$124
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$157/night.

All reviewsfree shuttleclose to the airportconvenient hoteljohannesburg airportevery half hourbit datedplanes flystayed one nightshuttle servicesmall poollate checkbuffet breakfastnice breakfastshort stayeast rand mallbetween flightsshopping centre
Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

Stayed twice before and after connecting flights. Standard but good for the purposes. Restaurant surprisingly nice food and served by friendly staff. Rooms small but adequate, they could update showers. A/c not working in our room but too tired to have it sorted out. Airport shuttle great.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Nicola-HIJA, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Johannesburg Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2017

Good Day NZambia

Thank you for taking the time to give feedback on your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Johannesburg Airport.

I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed your return stay with us and that the rooms met your expectations.

I was however not pleased to hear that you experienced some issues with the A/C during your stay, and I have addressed this with the relevant departments.

Reviewed 18 September 2017

Clean rooms but the architecture of up and down stairs was a little interesting. Staff was good. Shuttle service was ok from airport. Told not walk the one block to McDonalds for safety reasons unless we left our cell phones and jewelry - so you can be the judge of how safe this area really is.

Room Tip: Try the Intercontinental Hotel
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Good Afternoon yellowpixels

Thank you for taking the time to send feedback on your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Johannesburg airport

I was pleased to hear that you experienced good service from our staff and found the rooms to be comfortable.

Crime is an unfortunate reality in South Africa, regardless of whether you are in the heart of Sandton or in Boksburg. We take our guest's safety very seriously and it would be irresponsible if our team did not advise you against walking the 1 kilometre to MacDonalds, we do apologize if this made you feel that the area was not safe.

Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

We have an overnight layover and wanted to stay near the airport. This is very convenient. Regular shuttle service between here and the airport and to a large mall with plenty of restaurants to choose from. There is a good restaurant at the hotel, pool and small gym. This has been perfect for what we were looking for.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Nicola-HIJA, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Johannesburg Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2017

Good Day mjmbkk.

Thank you so much for taking the time to give feedback on your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Johannesburg Airport.

I was delighted to hear that you found the hotel
both convenient and comfortable and that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Nicola Noble
Sales and Marketing Manager

Reviewed 13 September 2017

The hotel is about 10kms from airport in an odd location. The hotel itself seems to be an old property which was touched up , but definitely not up to a fresh standard. For 1 night , I managed , even though the airconditioning was not very effective . I think there will be better hotels closer for an over night stay

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Good Day ZMR

Thank you for taking the time to send feedback on your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Johannesburg Airport.

I was disappointed to hear that the hotel
did not meet your expectations, and I will pass along your comments to the relevant teams.

Reviewed 11 September 2017

I've stayed in quite a few Holiday Inns and this one pretty much follows the formula with a couple of differences.

The staff, as usual, were very friendly and helpful. Checkin is smooth and quick.

The rooms are older than any of the other HI's I've been in and so they're a bit dated and don't smell as fresh. All the same they're clean and the linens, hot water, etc. are all acceptable.

I would probably have given this one a 3 except for the lavish included breakfast. While all the HI's I've been in include breakfast THIS one was the only one that was worth eating. It was as good as any 4 star hotel buffet breakfast.

I'd stay here again if I was just passing through if only for the breakfast :)

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Nicola-HIJA, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Johannesburg Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2017

Good Evening MarkfromtheIsland.

Thank you for taking time to send feedback in regards to your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Johannesburg Airport.

I was happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, I was even more delighted to hear that you had enjoyed your breakfast with us, I will pass along your lovely comments to our Food and Beverage team.

Nicola Noble - Sales And Marketing Manager