We stayed at the African Pride Hotel September 28-29 and other than the location found it to be incredibly disappointing. The room was not clean, sheets had hairs on them, and the shower floor was gritty. Amenities were lacking, the Kleenex provided was a small travel packet. To top things off, the chest of drawers had a top part that folded outward and was loose, so when I opened a lower drawer it flung open and hit my head and tore a significant piece of skin off my forearm. When I reported the injury, the chef was sent to my room because in his distant past he had received "some" paramedic training. I cleaned and rebandaged after he left. I think we should have been offered a different room, or something. When I returned home and called Marriott, I received a letter from the manager who had the audacity to claim she had offered my husband dinner. Totally untrue. Lastly, we had ordered a car from the travel desk, but the person forgot to put it in the system. When we were ready to leave, there was no car. I would recommend that the manager be replaced.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- African Pride Melrose Arch Hotel has become an international destination in its own right, attracting discerning GUESTS who take pleasure in modern elegance and sophistication. Sheer style and individuality is what redefines the travel experience when staying at Africa's first truly HIP 5-star Hotel. The luxurious African Pride Melrose Arch Hotel, Johannesburg, South Africa is situated within the exclusive urban Melrose Arch lifestyle development, a "city within a city", that offers an extensive array of shops and restaurants to be explored. So, if shopping is on the cards, you couldn't ask for a better position. The entire Melrose Arch precinct is patrolled by 24 hour Security and monitored by CCTV surveillance for peace-of-mind comfort. If you want to arrive in style, simply book a transfer in one of our luxury vehicles. Engulf yourself in the trendy precinct that is Melrose Arch, which offers GUESTS everything and more at your doorstep. Loosen your tie and make your way outside to the Pool Bar. Make use of our complimentary internet access, take off your shoes and have lunch at our unique tables that sit in shallow water; perfect for that midday cool down. Want to get out and explore? With the vast attractions that Johannesburg has to offer, why not visit the nearby Military Museum or the musical landmark of Sophia Town; both of which have played huge roles in the history of our country. With so much to do within close proximity, a visit to our own March Restaurant is a must and offers a truly sensual dining experience; where decor meets a whimsical fusion of international flavours and cooking techniques.Too early for bed? Make yourself comfortable in the leather couches of the Library Bar. Indulge in a nightcap and be kept company by a selection of great authors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your African Pride Melrose Arch Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- African Pride Melrose Arch Hotel Johannesburg
- African Pride Melrose Arch Johannesburg