The Winston Hotel(Johannesburg)
US$125
US$88
CrownePlaza.com
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$117/night.

US$145
US$114
HolidayInn.com
  • Pool
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$133/night.

The Reef Hotel(Johannesburg)(Great Value!)
US$58
US$267
US$247
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$305/night.

Hyatt Regency Johannesburg(Johannesburg)
US$448
US$357
Priceline
  • Pool
All reviewsmelrose archlibrary baroystersm msmarch restaurantrubber duckiessurround soundvirgin gymsurrounded by restaurantsgated communitytravel desksafe areabreakfast buffetshopping and restaurantsfantastic hotelrain showerrooms are large
Reviewed 10 October 2017

We stayed at the African Pride Hotel September 28-29 and other than the location found it to be incredibly disappointing. The room was not clean, sheets had hairs on them, and the shower floor was gritty. Amenities were lacking, the Kleenex provided was a small travel packet. To top things off, the chest of drawers had a top part that folded outward and was loose, so when I opened a lower drawer it flung open and hit my head and tore a significant piece of skin off my forearm. When I reported the injury, the chef was sent to my room because in his distant past he had received "some" paramedic training. I cleaned and rebandaged after he left. I think we should have been offered a different room, or something. When I returned home and called Marriott, I received a letter from the manager who had the audacity to claim she had offered my husband dinner. Totally untrue. Lastly, we had ordered a car from the travel desk, but the person forgot to put it in the system. When we were ready to leave, there was no car. I would recommend that the manager be replaced.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Pat G
APMelroseArch, General Manager at African Pride Melrose Arch Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2017

Dear Pat G,

I am in receipt of your comments posted on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay at the African Pride Melrose Arch Hotel.

Pat G, as per our previous correspondence through the Marriott.com platform we cannot apologize enough for the hurt caused by the drawers falling. As mentioned before this was definitely not intentionally. The management and TEAM contacted you on numerous occasions to offer assistance, which was declined. To ensure that you are not too badly hurt I did indeed request that our Chef who is our On-site first aider and a trained paramedic to have a look at your wound. I also insisted that we contact a medical practitioner to attend to you, which was also declined. Thereafter I sent Adrian back up just to make sure all is in order, of which it was reported that it was. You also mentioned the reason for not needing medical attention is that you purchased items for the wound personally and further attention was not required.

I cannot recall any mention of the cleanliness of the rooms nor the size of the Kleenex of which, if it was I would have immediately attended to it. Please be assured of the high standard and quality that the African Pride Melrose Arch Hotel is known for and any deviation to this will just not be accepted.

Pat G, the previous correspondence was sent in the true intent of apology and concern and it is saddening that it was not accepted. I do recall mentioning the Marriott Rewards compensation sought was not even considered as the taking care of the incident that occurred was first and foremost in our minds. It was mentioned to me that you were planning to come and I requested that this is offered to you complimentary. I was informed that this was declined by your husband. This again meant in true apology of the incident that occurred.

Thus overall t seems that the Hotel failed to meet your expectations. Again our sincerest apology and deep regret.

Tania Malan

Reviewed 30 September 2017

This is by far one of the best urban hotels I've stayed at. The mood is very inviting, and the funky decor and ambiance make you feel at home. Although it was to cold to swim, the pool was well designed. The rooms were a great size for two guests and everything was modern and current. I would absolutely come back

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 September 2017

Stayed one nice because of layover in Johannesburg. One of the draws was this was located in shopping area. Well all the stores close at six so no shopping unless you arrive early. Lots of good restaurants nearby. The hotel itself was very nice. Loved layout of bathroom. Breakfast was included in my rate and was outstanding.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 September 2017

We were very skeptical when picking a hotel in Johannesburg. Many people warned us that the city isn't safe, you can't walk around after dark, you won't have a good stay, etc. Well, we had the exact opposite experience and this hotel had to do a lot with it. The hotel staff was very nice. The Melrose Arch area is an upscale location that is very safe. There are so many restaurants that are within walking distance.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Skigal08
Reviewed 21 September 2017

I enjoyed staying in this hotel. The hotel sets in the middle of Melrose Arch, a high end shopping area in Joburg. There are a number of restaurants and cafes within steps of the hotel. The hotel has fun details, including soaker tubs and the safe is located behind a picture of a safe. Even though Joburg does have issues with safety, I felt safe walking in the vicinity.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo