“Birthday outing made awesome!”
Review of moyo Melrose Arch

moyo Melrose Arch
Ranked #27 of 1,323 Restaurants in Johannesburg
Price range: US$8 - US$37
Cuisines: African, Ethiopian, Moroccan, Tunisian
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: In the heart of Johannesburg, the 350-seater, multi-level modern restaurant - clad in copper with pressed pebble walls - embodies Africa's finest music and urban cuisine offerings.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

My friend and I decided to try out something new for my birthday on the 31st March. Having heard Moyo Melrose Arch being reviewed awhile back on 702, we decided to give the restaurant a try. What am awesome experience it was! On arrival, the lovely Mimi attended to us. She gave us an experience we can never forget. She was patient, explained to us on what's on the menu and suggested a few dishes based on our requirements. The hand "washy washer" experience was the best! I've never been washed hands in any restaurant before, never! We were offered heart warming delicious starters. While still indulging waiting for our orders, Michael, the artist approached us for beautiful complementary face art painting. Everything was no longer about food only but how entertained and special we were made to feel. Food was eventually served...The most delicious African cuisine. The prawns were to die for. Minutes later while still indulging, we could see the staff preparing drums. My friend and I thought it was perhaps a tradition that at a certain time, there were drumbeats. Little did we know that it was Moyo's way of making a birthday girl feel extra special. Yes, the lovely Mimi arranged this for me as we've hinted to her that it was my birthday when we arrived. I had goosebumps. I cannot remember the last time anyone made my birthday this special. Mimi, Michael and the entire Moyo team, you are the best! Thank you for making my birthday extra special.

2  Thank Busi K
moyo2016, Guest Relations Manager at moyo Melrose Arch, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank-you for celebrating with moyo! We appreciate your 5 star review and hope to see you again soon!

The moyo team

Write a ReviewReviews (1,287)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Excellent service. Affordable prices and the wine was very good. The atmosphere was relaxing and I can without a doubt recommend to friends and family and especially those visiting South Africa for the first time.

5  Thank Ann M
moyo2016, Guest Relations Manager at moyo Melrose Arch, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank-you for rating your WOW experience at moyo! We hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We absolutely loved Moyo, good service, nice live music, amazing food and cocktails!
My chicken and dates tajine was delicious!!!!
Mojito, pina colada, long island iced tea.... were very well done!!!!

2  Thank Serenellaferraro

Thank-you for highlighting the amazing food and cocktails you enjoyed at moyo! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Went for dinner quite a while back. Atmosphere is great..service is good & the food is very good. There is quite a lot on the menu to select from.

2  Thank Vernon L

Thank-you for highlighting the all round experience you enjoyed at moyo! Warm regards, The moyo team

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Moyo is fantastic. Very friendly service, excellent food, good wine, reasonably priced, and an opportunity to try mopane worms. What more could you want??

2  Thank Tom_Q101

Thank-you for reviewing your 5 star visit to moyo! We hope that you visit us again very soon! Warm regards, The moyo team