Mountain Manor Guest House
US$87
US$61
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$72/night.

US$112
  • Pool
US$104
US$83
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$93/night.

US$99
US$101
Hudson House(Pretoria)
US$84
US$82
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 February 2015

Hi, same problems as was complained by people in 2012 etc! Not the same place as per the website! Thats fraud!!! We werent considered to be informed in adance that they experienced electricity problems other than loadshedding also. Not willing to refund us. No answer on the phone in an emergency, no one available, couldt get out by gate due to bad planning, old cake, treatments was cut short because staff wanted to clean so they can leave for the day, nevertheless the fact that the treatments wasnt a spa award worth at all! They said there was lamps in the dark rooms but only found one. Couldnt bath or shower, no generator which is issential for a guesthouse, even just to burn a light. Staff friendly but this is not halve the story, it was a nightmare experience actaully! Had to travel home 01h00 in the morning. Cape Town Maountain Manor Hotel, i trust your not linked to Pta, they obviously made no co search before using the same name! Not pretty at all, red soil and brick building that looks like a school hostel.

Stayed: February 2015, travelled with family
Ikhutsa, Owner at Mountain Manor Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2015

We thank you for your feedback received on 20th February 2015 regarding your Guest House and Spa experience on Saturday 14th February 2015 and advise that load shedding was from 8:00 am till 10:00 am the power came on for one hour and at 11:00 am the Tshwane Municipality transformer outside our gate burnt out and left us with out power for the remainder of the day and our power was only attended to at 13:30 on the Sunday afternoon after numerous call logging and several reference numbers. This was a problem which the city council found on the transformer outside the property that supply us with power. We are in the process of purchasing generator due to South Africa’s electricity problems this size is not easily obtainable.

Our Manager on duty did inform you about the LED back up lanterns in each Suite Cupboard. The gate motor would have been put over on manual once totally flat due to the risk. The security guard on site then sits at the gate operating it manually which gives a bit of comfort taking in to consideration that the current crime rate in South Africa we felt that it is better to have the access controlled gate till the very end of the battery live.
The Manager on phone duty did return your call according our phone records and the phone went directly to voice mail. You would have been abled to enjoyed a proper breakfast as our Kitchen have a backup gas system.

You were offered something to drink on two occasions by two different Managers in our Deli area.
The spa treatments was a full hour duration and we started with your full body massage before your husbands as he arrived at 17:00 with your son.
Both therapists needed to leave the room for your husband to dress. The arms does form part of a full body massage and was included as during that time you were holding your son’s hand and your husband asked your son to be quite as he wanted to enjoy his massage. The stomach and declote areas does not form part of a full body massage only in a Thai Massage and a Swedish Massage. Your treatments fell well within our business ours as there were still other
guests in treatments. Our Business ours is Mondays – Sundays 8:00am – 18:00pm.

All proof of this can be supplied with reference numbers and a report from the City of Tshwane Technician this is overall not something that anyone will request to happen deliberately. We also have the e-mails sent to yourself by our office with the photo’s attachments confirming that this is the correct property. We even sent you the picture of the same room your Son’s stayed in. This e-mail was sent on the 12th February 2015 two days before your arrival.
We apologize for inconvenience caused but it was due to a situation beyond our control.
We appreciate your feedback and use our client feedback to improve our standards and performances as client Satisfaction is a very serious mattef or us.

Reviewed 20 October 2014

Beautiful surroundings and ideal setting.

I booked the spa for my mother's birthday but what a dissapointment. Firstly we showed up and were then seated in a dark little restaurant on our own to have 'lunch' - no formal welcome or anything. We then had lunch for 50 minutes, because even though I had booked way in advance they still had to ready a room for 3 people. I specifically stated when booking it was for my mother's birthday and that we would be myself, my sister and my mother. Our foot washing ritual was then rushed. After this we were told to get undressed in the massage room - no lockers to put our personal belongings or anything and no privacy. Our therapists came in and then started the massage only realizing after a while that no music was playing. My therapist then left to turn on the music. During our two hour treatments, we were interrupted 6 times by other therapists walking through the room where we were being massaged, banging doors and talking loudly. There were times when it sounded like someone was actually doing the dishes in the room with us! My therapist and my mother's therapist also had whispered conversations during our massages and giggled softly. Not only this, but my therapist had to leave twice to silence people outside the room. I felt more stressed out after the spa day than I had before. And we paid a fortune for the treatments. Definitely won't go back again and will not recommend to anyone!

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Annemarie G

Hello AnnemarieGrobbel,

We thank you for your feedback regarding your spa experience,
we dearly apologize for the negligence of our staff regarding the noise levels that you have experienced. The Clients were welcomed at the Deli door and seated in our Deli at 14:00. No special requirements were indicated on the booking form. The Lunch Order taken at 14:05 whilst busy enjoying welcome drinks. Lunch was served with in 16 min from ordering time. All Spa treatments was explained when seated and room allocation for two separate rooms. Initial booking was for four guests. On 16 October we received an e-mail advising that one of the guests cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances. All other bookings was already scheduled and allocated to spa rooms and the big room was not available.
You indicated to Management on duty that you would prefer to be in the same room and we explained that it could be done if the clients don't mind waiting a few minutes. We had to move other Guests with their permission. We do not support a communal changing room with lockers to enable us to meet unique client requests. A Full refund was made to the client to compensate for the interruption and noise levels.

Reviewed 18 September 2014

The Spa consultant was nice but for me going to spa's often the therapist wasn't really well trained as she did not touched one pressure point and rubbed my skin that I had a rash for 2 weeks after we were there. When I looked up from underneath the thing they put over your eyes at one stage, it was almost as if she fell asleep.
I booked a Room as well with the means of using the Jacuzzi as Tania told me we can only use the Jacuzzi once we stay over and not just using the spa. When I asked one of the ladies where the Jacuzzi was she confirmed we are not allowed to use this as this was told to her by management. After some discussion she put it on for us. The spa therapist asked us the next day if we want to use the Jacuzzi & sauna, I then asked is all spa guests allowed to utilize this and they confirmed yes. So Obviously Tania’s story on email was not the same. I booked a std Room with Tania, when I wanted to pay the balance she told me there was more due seeing that we stayed in a luxury room. I refuse to pay extra as I booked a Std room but didn’t feel very welcome after that. Breakfast was average, but the room was nice. I think you should be more welcoming when clients enter your property. It’s unfortunate that we would not really return.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CVR01

Dear Valued Client
Thank you for the feedback on Tripadvisor, we have your concerns have been taken note of and resolved. We appreciate your feedback and use our client feedback to improve our standards and performances. You are most welcome to visit us at our new acquired premises.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

We had spent the previous two weeks touring various game reserves throughout South Africa staying at properties with comfortable but relatively rustic accommodations. We have always left hotel and lodge reservations in the hands of our outfitter and, this being our third trip, preferred to be surprised by his choices.

Knowing we wanted to spend our last day sightseeing in Pretoria, our outfitter booked us into the Mbkei suite. Wow! What a nice surprise indeed.

This incredibly large suite was larger than my husband's first apartment. And the bathroom was almost the size of my first studio apartment. High, vaulted wood ceilings, king size bed, armoire, desk, chair, sofa, flat screen tv, and a small fridge. There was an electric kettle, coffees, teas, and biscuits. The balcony overlooked the garden. The king size bed was extremely comfortable. The room had an old time African safari shabby chic decor. Perhaps our biggest (and only) complaint was the lack of lighting. Low mood lighting for effect is one thing but it was difficult to even see what was in our suitcases. Other people have probably complained because there was a clip on goose neck lamp by the desk. We moved it and clipped it to the door of the armoire so we could have enough light to repack our bags.

The bathroom, with one wall of stone, had a huge sunken tub with hand held shower attachment, a two person walk in shower, double vanities. One wall had frosted windows - the bathroom was adjacent to the lodge's indoor jacuzzi and sauna. If other hotel guests had been using those facilities at night, it might have created a bit of unwelcome noise. The staff encouraged us to use the jacuzzi, but, alas, we did not travel with bathing suits. Regardless, the garden spa tub in the room was more than sufficient for relaxation.

Don't know if the breakfast was included with our stay but it was fine, nothing particularly memorable. There is a popular private restaurant also on the property (we did not eat there) that had outdoor dining with lovely hillside views.

The staff was very friendly. Only other thing to mention is that the property is not conducive to anyone with mobility issues...many steps and uneven walkways to even get to the main building.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for the feedback provided, we appreciate your feedback and use our client feedback to improve our standards and performances as client Satisfaction is a very serious matter for us.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Horrible experience at the full day spa treatment. Treatment rooms need to be revamped. Bathrooms old an dingy. No promised 'welcome drink' , slow unfriendly service at the restaurant, poor quality food. Towelling robe cold and damp and not replaced even when I complained about it.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
6  Thank SunayanaSasikumar

Dear Valued Client

Thank you for the feedback on Tripadvisor, we have taken all the concerns mentioned buy our clients in to consideration and recently acquired our own property which addressed all the previous complaints.