“An Experience!!!”

De Kloof Restaurant
Ranked #79 of 724 Restaurants in Pretoria
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Upscale and creative European-style cuisine, with local influences, in a modern space with terrace. South African Restaurant of the Year 2013
Reviewed 13 September 2016 via mobile

The restaurant has a lovely cozy atmosphere and the wine selection is excellent.
If you would like to 'educate' your palate this is the restaurant to go to. Dishes like beef cheeks are served in a way that is presentable and delicious.
Our waiter was excellent and my husband and I had a lovely evening.

Reviewed 13 September 2016

The restaurant is spacious and emphasis is placed on the food presented. The food was tasty and meats were all succulent. I had the bokkie/veal which was so tender and the flavors accompanying it was define. The beef which my other family had and pork was also extremely good. Well lets not forget the deserts and the wine suggested all super. Service was excellent from our waiter Lyndon who was always attentive and made some good recommendations. The overall experience was good set up very rustic. It was worth the visit and don't think the prices are much more than most restaurant that serve good food. Portion sizes were just right too. Plus there is a small play area for kids. Went on a Sunday afternoon, party of 6.

Reviewed 19 August 2016 via mobile

Chef Hugo And your team at De Kloof exellent food with all the diffferent tastes and the good wines of Leeuwenkuil. Very pleasant evening

Reviewed 16 August 2016

We arrived here on a cold winter afternoon during the week. Very welcoming staff and a warm fire created a relaxing vibe. We decided to try the 5 course tasting menu from "Grindewald" and Smokey Joe" to "The Caribbean".

Although not everything was to my taste overall the food was very nice, with the "Pig in Japan" as a highlight. Service was sometimes a little bit slow and we had to wait a while between courses (sometimes more than 30 minutes), but we were not in a hurry. We will return with friends.

Reviewed 14 August 2016

I was really looking forward to lunch at De Kloof with a group of friends I had not seen for some time. I had heard good things about the restaurant. Good food and fairly expensive but fine for a special occasion. The venue is at Waterkloof Golf Estate and there is a great view from the dining room. There were 10 of us in the party. We settled down ordered wine from a very helpful sommelier and then after a bit of a delay and chit chat ordered our main and starters. 50 min later still waiting for starters to be served. Eventually they arrived. Delicious and I start to relax - good wine and company helps a lot. Then we wait for the main courses..... and we wait....and we wait. No visit from the manager, if there was one. Fortunately no one is in a hurry. To cut a long story short it took 4 hours from 1pm to 5pm to have lunch. Waiter came around with the dessert menus and then left not to be seen for another 20 min. Another 45 min pass before the food arrives. I think the correct term to describe the service is glacial. When paying I complimented on the food and enquired as to why the service was so slow. Not well received. It's a pity because this place could be really good.

3  Thank Duncan W