“Bad experience!!”

Cafe Bree
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 21 October 2016 via mobile

What a terrible breakfast we had.
Can you believe that they garnish the breakfast with chives.... it is not even mentioned on the menu. They should actually just mention it on the menu!!! Not everyone eats chives..... some people are actually allergic to onions....
the eggs were ordered soft, but it was brought in a condition they thought good enough!!
Will not eat there again!

2  Thank vlooidutoit

Reviewed 5 October 2016

We had high expectations after reading other reviews of this restaurant. The experience started badly after we had to wait fairly long before our waitress arrived. The items on the menu are pricey, but unfortunately not justifiably so. We ordered two open sandwiches, which was basically a salad (i.e. a mountain of lettuce) with two slices of unbuttered bread. We were informed that there was no avo available - one of the ingredients in the dish - but we were still charged full price.
The free cupcake (to share) - although tasty - unfortunately did not redeem the experience.
I won't go back.

3  Thank Blonde808
Reviewed 26 September 2016

Cafe Bree has always been one of my personal favourite spots for lunch. It has a cute interior and nice small deck if you wish to sit outside.

Their menu is superb and I highly recommend any of their zivas. This is a fantastic spot for a light meal or a good cup of coffee.

1  Thank Daniel_Eloff
Reviewed 18 September 2016 via mobile

I had the pleasure to visit the quaint Cafe Bree earlier this month and had a very pleasant evening there.

The decor is a great mix of old and new and the food and service excellent.

Well worth a visit

1  Thank Ward Harry F
Reviewed 28 August 2016

We came to Cafe Bree for the first time hoping for something special based on the reviews, accolades and awards, and was frankly dissapointed. I ordered Horlicks which they did not have in stock. I then ordered Earl Grey which they also did not have in stock (both in the menu). Eventually I ordered a cappuccino that only arrived after I had had my meal. The cup that the cappuccino was served in had a long brown crack at the bottom. During our lunch, the manager on duty reprimanded the only waiter there and made quite a scene going off on her with patrons sitting right outside. We ordered a piece of cheesecake - the presentation was bad, the cake looked like it was cut with a bread knife and was not accompanied by cream or ice cream as presented in some photos on TripAdvisor (in fairness, I cant remember that accompaniments was indicated on the menu). The only redeeming point was that the food was tasty - but not quite tasty enough to make the Sunday lunch as relaxing and different as I was expecting from one of the top 20 restaurants in Pretoria. For the prices you pay here I would suggest something like Life Grand Café in Hazelwood, or at 3/4 of the price you can go to any Cappucino's franchise - both will be better.

CafeBree, Owner at Cafe Bree, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2016

Dear Client

We are terribly sorry to hear about your bad ordeal yesterday. We assure you that every matter mentioned has already been addressed today and will never again happen in the future.

Please allow us to show you the true Café Bree experience on the house next time you visit us. We would Love to change your opinion on our wonderful restaurant.

kind regards