“Best dining experience in Pretoria!!”
Review of Priva

Priva
Ranked #52 of 733 Restaurants in Pretoria
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

Amazing food, service, views and vibe!! Priva has it all! Definitely our favorite spot for a night out!

Forti, Owner at Priva, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

Dear Xen. Thank you for your lovely comment. We do our best. It makes us as a team happy that you are happy. Kindest regards Marko and the Priva team.

Reviewed 20 July 2017

Whatever you are celebrating- birthdays, anniversary, graduation or special achievements, it is so lovely to be in a space that makes you feel so special. With professional and friendly service, 5 star food, a view that is breathtaking and Live music to create the wonderful atmosphere. The Priva team is always going out of their way to create a wonderful experience. Thank you

Forti, Owner at Priva, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

Hi. Thank you for your very constructive and positive review. Your points are exactly what we aim for. Please always expect this from us. Kind regards Marko and team.

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

This resturant is very overrated. I went expecting so much more than what I got. The atmosphere was lacking and the staff were very entitled.

If you are looking for an experience there are much better places around.

Forti, Owner at Priva, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

Dear Clebe. I am sorry your experience was not what you expected. Our staff are trained in the art of hospitality and to a fine dining standard so the service is to a very high standard but it certainly does not make them feel entitled. It is just that they wish to provide service on a more international level. Kind regards Marko and team.

Reviewed 2 June 2017 via mobile

My friends and I have been to this place twice now and I must say Priva never dissappoints. The music is super great! There is a small band that does famous cover songs. The lead singer is sensational. The food would do with a little upgrade, the menu has not changed in a year. Foodies prefer that a chef refreshes the menu at least annually. The famous dishes can stay on the menu. The wine variety is excellent, typical for a South African restaurant. The decor is contemporary and suites a quite night dinner setting. I think the restaurant is not marketed enough, it should be very difficult to get a table at this place, but at the moment you can even walk in on a Friday night. Great way to hang around Pretoria snobs and get to know the localls.

1  Thank Londeka N
Forti, Owner at Priva, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

Dear Londeka. Thank you for your review. Our menu is revised every three months and our specials change weekly. If there is something you would like to see on our menu please let me know and we will make it for you with our twist. Your comments are constructive and thought provoking and we will attempt to make our menu changes more radical and interesting. Kindest regards Marko and team.

Reviewed 24 April 2017

My teenage and young adult sons decided we should go to Priva at the occasion of my birthday. It was a beautiful experience and really ended off a superb day perfectly. I really liked that the restaurant had varied aspects to it, a cocktail bar set up on the deck for the evening, outside tables for dining, beautiful couches on the deck to enjoy drinks, a lovely dining room with live Jazz, a cigar lounge and a well stocked bar with Shazarac. My son was amazed to find that not only did they stock Shazarac, a New Orleans favourite, but the owner knew how to mix a Shazarac cocktail even though it wasn't on the menu. This is the original of all cocktails and we have only come across it in New Orleans. The gentleman was so happy to share his knowledge and expertise and took his time to carefully answer any questions posed by my curious youngsters. There was a very noisy crowd in attendance at the restaurant and as soon as the manager realised how disruptive they were he politely asked them to tone it down without upsetting them or spoiling their fun, very tactfully and respectfully affording everyone a lovely night out. The menu was simple in its choices but well appointment, catering for a variety of tastes without being complicated. Deserts were unusual and interesting. This is fine dining as it should be. Tastes experiences and learning opportunities in abundance.

Forti, Owner at Priva, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2017

Hi. Wow. Your thoughtful and considered comments made me so proud and grateful of my partner Marko. He is an internationally qualified sommelier who loves not only cocktails and wine but also the history and background to them. I am so glad you were able to benefit from his experience and his love of his work. I am also glad you loved our interior and the work of our girl power chef team. Thank you for taking the time to give your opinion. We greatly value your opinion.