“Flavours of the day!”
Review of Ghazal's

Ghazal's
Ranked #109 of 466 Restaurants in Sandton
Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

Lovely decor and good service.
Great outdoor area tastefully decorated.
The prawn curry was Devine with plump fresh prawns & the butter chicken tender & spiced just right.
The wines are a bit expensive but the lower range are of a good standard.
Definitely a re visit!

Reviewed 17 January 2018

Some of the best food in South Africa is Indian. Ghazal's does not disappoint. Lots of flavour, inexpensive and located in trendy Melrose Arcg.

Reviewed 4 January 2018

We went for a quick dinner at Ghazal last week one evening. Melrose Arch was buzzing with all of the Christmas lights and activities.

The food was delicious and came out quickly. We had a Chicken Tikka Masala and a Lamb Bhuna Ghost. Both slightly sweet in taste, and absolutely delicious. The meat was beautifully tender and a very generous helping.

We ordered a sparkling wine to go with out meal, but there wasn't any of the one we wanted in stock. I also ordered a sparkling water. When we were told there was no sparkling wine, we asked for another sparkling water instead. That never arrived. We had one glass and a small bottle of sparkling water for quite a while. Nobody seemed to notice that one of us had no drink. Eventually, after we asked for another glass, we got one and shard the water.

The waiter didn't know much about the menu either or how the dishes were prepared. Luckily we had an idea of what we wanted.

Overall. Great food, service lacking a bit.

Reviewed 1 January 2018 via mobile

The Resturant has been around South Africa in Sandton for a food number of years. We decided to try the branch at Melrose.
It appears they took over the restaurant that was in the current spot and nothing as far as decor or attempt to change it has been made . However it was decent and modern, pity no real touch of Indian decorations
The waiters were not dressed appropriately for a high end restaurant, service were slack and we had to ask for napkins are were given paper napkins, later the manager realized and gave us cloth ones. As they say first impressions are lasting ones.
The food was well prepared and the taste was authentic so we were pleased with the quality and presentation. However with not much competition in Johannesburg for many years this sadly has not spurred Ghazal's to new levels compared to what is available abroad.
Overall good food but much more can be done to improve

Reviewed 22 December 2017

I stopped here this week for some starters and a glass of wine.

On this first visit, I had the starter platter:
Panner Tikka, Chicken Tikka, Chicken Rishme Kebab, Spinach Pakodas, Potato Pakoda, Veg Samoosas and Chicken Samoosas. I think everything was freshly made and beautifully plated, but personally I found some of the starters a little dry.
I plan to return soon and try their curries however as I think that these may be better suited to my tastes.

Service: Fantastic! Really friendly, attentive and quick.

Interiors: So beautiful! This location is hard to beat and the romantic, candlelit tables made me wish that I was not there alone. This really is a great date night spot.

*Recommendation: If it is North Indian cuisine that you are after, Ghazal Melrose Arch is a good option.