“My favourite curry house in South Africa”
Review of The Royal India

The Royal India
Ranked #41 of 240 Restaurants in Sandton
Cuisines: Indian
Description: As it is depicted in Sanskrit literature, "Atithi Devo Bhava" meaning "Guest is your God". The Royal India welcomes you to an outstanding menu, delicately planned by our Executive Chef from India, giving you the authentic taste of North Indian Cuisine added with Goan and South Indian dishes. By visiting "The Royal India", you will be able to sample the characteristic flavour of our outstanding authentic Indian dishes. It is not about eating out - but about the experience itself. Let us take you on a journey of Royal Indian Dishes. Thank You for Dining with Royalty.
Reviewed 19 October 2016

The food in the Royal India is very good indeed, the staff are very welcoming and they even have craft beers! I've been here for dinner with work colleagues a number of times, and never been disappointed. Love it!

Reviewed 16 October 2016

This is a great restaurant to get a taste of Indian cuisine. Nice variety, well trained and friendly staff. Our waitress (Pretty) was very knowledgeable and applied suggestive selling very well without being pushy and overbearing.

Reviewed 13 October 2016

I normally frequent Bukhara for my Indian meal fix in Sandton Square but came by this place by chance and thought I'd give it a try. I was glad I did. The place is very atmospheric with great decor. Service was friendly and efficient. My Chicken Tikka Massala was delicious...not too sweet and much more spicy than versions I've had (and now avoid) in the UK. Free poppadums, followed by some delightfully light naan bread made for a great accompaniment to my curry. Will come again.

Reviewed 13 October 2016

Royal India in Alberton is a true hidden gem in the South East of Joburg. No matter what one orders, the chefs never fail to impress. Rich flavours, guaranteed freshness and enough hot stuff to burn a hole in the floor meets one's pallet with aplomb every time.

Reviewed 9 September 2016 via mobile

Very much enjoyed are meal here it was like home nothing was to much trouble spicy medium heat just how we like it funny thing was they gave us a take away menu but we were travelling the next day wonder if they send to cape town