See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 April 2017 via mobile

Please disregard the December 2016 review. When I read it, I thought of canceling my reservation at Flossie's. Thank goodness I didn't. My friend and I spent 4 nights there and were delighted every minute! Florence and her staff are warm and helpful. She even took us on an extensive trip around Soweto sharing her personal experiences and local history. She is an extremely generous person and we are very fortunate to have stayed there. Our room was very comfortable, quiet and clean. There was no smoking or noise anywhere. As others have stated, her breakfasts were excellent.

While we were there, a young female student from Germany arrived to stay for several months to complete an internship. My friend and I are 75 and 69 years old white American women. All of us felt safe at all times. Come to Flossie's. Don't miss this opportunity. It's the chance of a lifetime.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Neva W
florencem497, Public Relations Manager at Flossie's B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2017

It is feed-back like this which motivates me and my staff to go extra mile in making sure that our clients get the service they so much deserve , thank you very much ladies for your kind words.

Reviewed 26 December 2016

Eish, where do I start? Never have the reviews I read been SO INACCURATE!!
The property was NOT secure. Anyone from the street could access the building and end up in the common areas and possible gain access to the guest rooms. The main gate and the door to the building were not locked or manned.

I tripped going upstairs. The stairs were uneven and covered with artificial turf .. a very interesting decorating move.

As I went upstairs, I was met with plumes of cigarette smoke. The students on the balcony seemed to be chain smoking and there was no way to limit where the smoke went .... into the reception area/lounge leading to the guest rooms and under the doors of the guest rooms.

The staff were not helpful. During my initial visit, I looked all over for assistance, only to find them having lunch on the balcony.

My friend friend from Soweto was with me and he was appalled by the conditions of the place and did not feel it was a safe place to stay. In fact he convinced me NOT to stay there. I am appalled that Flossie's is listed as the #1 B&B in Soweto. This rating must be for folks looking for a grunge experience. All I wanted was a safe and clean place to stay in Soweto for a few nights. When I spoke with Flossie - I found her at the property during my second visit - she stated that THE folks in Soweto do not make enough money to have security! I am not sure WHY she felt comfortable speaking for all of Soweto!!

Initially, I left my belongings at Flossie's. However, after seeing other Guest houses that were available, I returned to negotiate getting out of my reservation. I was met with the non-appealing aroma encompassing the the 1st and 2nd floors. It was not a pleasant smell. Evidently, Flossie was cooking dinner. I am not sure why, though? And cooking dinner for whom? The place is a B&B, so why would Flossie be cooking dinner and the smell be SO present? In my attempt to negotiate, Flossie was NOT willing to negotiate anything less than FULL payment. I went online to the Booking.com site and saw I could cancel by paying for 2 of my 4 nights reservation. I had booked the trip via TripAdvisor on behalf of Booking.com. I immediately cancelled my reservation via Booking.com. I just hoped I would get some support from either TripAdvisor or Booking.com to get back at least monies for 1 of the 2 nights I had to pay,

I was greatly disappointed with the lack of security, the condition of the building (uneven stairs), and the huge presence of cigarette smoke.

I am greatly disappointed that the support I have received from TripAdvisor and Booking.com in resolving this manner. I understand that places are whatever they are. What pisses me off is that Flossie's felt unsafe, structurally unsafe and filled with cigarette smoke. And I KNOW this was what I signed up for AT ALL.

Thanks for nothing customer support for TripAdvisor and Booking.com!!!

Room Tip: Select a different B&B, seriously!
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
florencem497, Public Relations Manager at Flossie's B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2016

Dear Ms Jones
Thank you for your review and I have taken note of your unhappiness with us at heart .
It is guests like you who make us strong and improve in our services , thank you .

Reviewed 11 September 2016

This place is a true gem. From the moment I met Miss Florence, she gave me a great big hug like we were family. The entire space was immaculately clean and the king size bed and en-suite bathroom was a godsend after a sixteen-hour flight from Atlanta!!! The staff was very friendly and approachable, and the breakfast was superb. I loved, loved, LOVED my time at this B&B, and I honestly won't stay anywhere else in Soweto. I can't recommend this place enough. Thank you for such a wonderful stay, Miss Florence!!!!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank N Z
florencem497, Public Relations Manager at Flossie's B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2016

Dear NZ
Thank you for taking time to give us feed back , much appreciated .
We were privileged to be your host .
Kind regards
Flossie.

Reviewed 20 August 2016 via mobile

We stayed for three nights. The staff were wonderfully friendly and helpful, we had a great room, the breakfast was enormous and filling ! Flossies has a lovely balcony for people watching. Nothing was too much trouble. Absolutely recommended.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Aboriginesdream
florencem497, Public Relations Manager at Flossie's B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2016

It was such a pleasure to host you and share our history and culture with you .
Thank you so much for such kind words .
Flossie.

Reviewed 13 July 2016

We stayed at Flossie's for two nights in May.
We arranged to be met at the airport by a (his) driver who led us safely to the place.
The rooms are basic but quite fine, the food too. And she is quite friendly indeed (when she saw I missed a cap she gae me one).
The next day the same drived tool us around Soweto, very knowledgeable about the places, also the local culture and society, at all levels.
At no point did we feel unsafe, even if we did walk around.

Room Tip: Flosssie can help you to visit Soweto.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
florencem497, Public Relations Manager at Flossie's B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2016

We were very happy to host you and we are glad you were happy with us .
Thank you for taking time to give us this review .

Best wishes .