“My Valentine's weekend out on the Vaal river”

BON Hotel Riviera on Vaal
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Vereeniging
Reviewed 14 March 2017

I had taken my wife for a night out and the reception staff very good. the less said about the antique furnisher in the room the better. this looks like you are still in the 1930's. I did not like it. the view of the river and the gardens are stunning and well looked after. we enjoyed our time in the pool area and the waitresses were splendid. the nearby massage SPA is something not to be missed.

fastforward to dinner, what a disappointment. the staff doesn't look happy and are very happazard. the lady who did our omelette in the morning seemed angry with herself. I wold advice management to give attention to staff happiness. they look unhappy.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the river have stunning views.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
BON-RivieraOnVaal, General Manager at BON Hotel Riviera on Vaal, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2017

Dear 244johannesm

Thank you for the review. I am glad that you found the reception staff very good as well as the service around the pool. There is definitely something in the pipeline for the furniture and we have implemented a staff wellness program that will definitely assist in lifting the staff happiness.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 12 March 2017 via mobile

Well situated with excellent breathtaking view of the Vaal River. One of those properties I simply refer to as the perfect get away, far from the madding crowd.

Great reception team as well restaurant staff. Stunning gardens with courteous staff that constantly checked on us with regards to refreshments.

The hotel need to improve on house keeping requests and follow through. Thanks to the manager for his professionalism in handling guest's queries. Thank Mr. CRAIG...sorry I forgot your surname.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
BON-RivieraOnVaal, General Manager at BON Hotel Riviera on Vaal, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2017

Dear Victor S

Thank you for the review and for the kind words. I am glad that you and the family enjoyed yourselves and found our facilities and staff appealing. I know that you are a BONAMI member so we will definitely see you back soon.

Reviewed 4 March 2017 via mobile

Worst food ever eaten at a buffet for R175, worst than kfc and I hate kfc! Staff looked like off head chickens, waited 45min for a toasted sandwich. Staff not friendly at all and not helpful in any way

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family

Dear Estelle V

Again please accept my apologies that your visit to our restaurant was not up to standard, and thank you for taking my call and engaging with me. I have addressed your area's of concern with my team and I am sure that there will be a marked improvement.

general Manager

Reviewed 27 February 2017

I enjoyed the hotel stay. The staff at reception and at the restaurant are friendly and very helpful.
They need to look into upgrading the menu, especially for dinner. It was lack lustre. The hotel needs to look at having irons & iron boards into each room.

Room Tip: Upgrade the mattresses
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
BON-RivieraOnVaal, General Manager at BON Hotel Riviera on Vaal, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2017

Dear NgwanaM

Thank you for the review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and the friendliness of the staff. We are currently testing new menu items and will have a new menu shortly so your next stay will be even better. We have looked into the irons in every room however the risk far outweighs the rewards. We will definitely be looking at how we can make our iron station more user friendly.

Thanks

5) painting and general feeling is a faded remnant of something once decent
6) staff appear tired and jaded
7) being advised to rate hotel on this forum on the tv not a great welcome
8) menu limited
9) someone needs to teach the chef what a Caprese salad really is -if I wanted cheddar cheese block salad..oh well
10) only been here 8 hours so far..let's see how tomorrow pans out..

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear davidgreen69

Thank you for your review and for taking my call to get further feedback.
Whilst it is never nice to receive a complaint. Sometimes we need to hear it so that we can rectify accordingly and grow better from the experience.
I have heard your comments and will be rectifying where possible so that our offering improves accordingly.

Craig Swart

Also consider these accommodations in or near Vereeniging
11.2 km away
19.1 km away
Ikhamanzi Bed & Breakfast
Ikhamanzi Bed & Breakfast
#1 of 7 in Vereeniging

Been to BON Hotel Riviera on Vaal? Share your experiences!