“Fantastic thai food”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 21 November 2015

love the authentic thai feeling; good service and great range of food. big portion sizes and yummy sauces. suncoast is a bit busy so it is a nice refuge in that madness to sit in.

Reviewed 15 November 2015

I have eaten better Thai, waiters tend topush out certain dishes (based on stock I think) there is a female dressed in chefs clothes on the floor and she is not very informative, just stands there, the waiters are not very attentive and friendly the menu looks extensive but half the dishes are not available or the waiters tend to push you towards eating certain high priced meals only.
quality ain't great I wont be visiting them again, too overpriced and one can count the prawns in a dish, it seems as if they have only one chef cooking in the kitchen, as dishes take too long to prepare.

Reviewed 10 October 2015

We had fantastic seafood and prawn curry here. The wine was also very good. Good service and friendly staff.

Reviewed 24 September 2015

It was our 30th Wedding anniversary and decided to spend a few nights in Durban. On our second night we saw Kai Thai restaurant and the menu looked enticing so decided we would have dinner there. It was a Monday night and the restaurant was really empty with only a few tables of guests. My wife ordered the crispy fried beef as a starter which was unpalatable! It was so crispy and hard. I had the seafood salad which I must say was fresh and lovely. We then ordered salt and pepper calamari which was definitely not what was expected and my wife battled to eat it. I opted for the duck which too was not something I would order again. The waitress after hearing that it was our anniversary kindly gave us a deep fried ice cream with their compliments. Very cheap ice cream used and not very appetizing. All in all we were not too impressed with the meal.

1  Thank Trevor R
Reviewed 23 July 2015

excellent choice of meals and really good taste. We had the classical meals and also some fish special and it looked great and tasted even better.