“Ok”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 31 May 2017 via mobile

It's hard to characterize this restaurant, given that it's in Durban. After a steady diet of very good Indian food, we thought we'd try something different. Let me first say that I've had some really good Thai food in the US, so my bar is pretty high.

That said, the food here is ok--not great but not horrible. I had a chicken & noodle dish and my wife had shrimp fried rice. Both were decent and the portions were generous. The service was really good! The highlight of our meal was the homemade ice cream for dessert.

All in all, it's a reasonable alternative to the regional food.

Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

There's nothing authentically Thai about the food. The salt and pepper calamari is the best thing on the menu, but that's not saying much. Every starter was greasy and tasted old. My tuna was salty, overcooked and swimming in sauce. My partner's crab dish was overflowing and rather tasteless. The presentation of the food is too terrible. Utterly unappetising.

Reviewed 11 April 2017

The atmosphere is lively & friendly . The service is good and the food is consistently good. Plus you can order from the Green Parrot next door (Japanese) - same owners

Reviewed 10 April 2017 via mobile

Oh my. Just eastern one of the best pork bellies ever.
We were the only people at lunch time. Sat outside - its hot! Dismal tables - plastic covers. No real style. But oh the food. Delicious

Wish I could go straight back.

Reviewed 27 December 2016

My favourite item at this restaurant is their "garden beach salad". A generous helping of crispy spinach, prawns, chicken, calamari with chilli jam. Delish! Everytimne I go there that is my standard item! A real treat!

Another favourite is salt and pepper calamari, or the crispy duck. Both really tasty and moreish! A friend has had the red curry which she thoroughly enjoyed.

Ambiance is great, we almost always try to sit outside but have had a romantic dinner for two inside, later in the evening.

Well worth the visit.