Costa Smeralda
San Lameer Resort Hotel & Spa(Southbroom)(Great Value!)
US$68
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
US$115
Margate Hotel(Margate)
No availability for your dates from our partners
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
Oribi Gorge Hotel(Port Shepstone)
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewssee you soonhome away from homeunitopulentresortreceptionistwifiestablishmentseabalconyweekend
Reviewed 9 January 2018

We loved our stay there and would go there again.We loved the location and the view we had from our unit.The only setback was the showers that was leaking when we showered and that the photos on the site is a little misleading,I would say that the unit needs a little upgrade but other than that there was nothing else,we even love the fact that our car was in a garage at all time.I unit was also cleaned every day which was a big bonus and spoilt us.Thank you for a lovely holiday.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Carlsaroundtheglobe, Manager at Costa Smeralda, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2018

Dear Guest,
We at Costa strive to make the best of your holiday, the units will be maintained and upgrade in the year of 2018

Regards
Management

Reviewed 11 December 2017

It was a very good experience and a very nice location. Service was good, and we enjoyed the unit, although a unit on the second floor would have been nicer to enjoy the view of the sea more. we enjoyed our stay! thank you so much

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Carlsaroundtheglobe, Manager at Costa Smeralda, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2017

Dear Guest
Thank you so much for you great feedback, we are so glad that you loved the location and our service, and that you enjoyed your stay with us, we most certainly look forward to welcome you back to our Resort.

Reviewed 9 December 2017

My wife and i went there but we only stayed one night. The location is excellent, right next to a small beach and its quiet. Its also a short drive to the shops and restaurants. The parking can be tricky if you are driving a large bakkie and you should park in the parking lot behind the reception.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest
Thank you so much for your lovely response, we appreciate your kind words, we are so happy that you had a memorable stay with us and we look forward to see you again.

Reviewed 5 December 2017 via mobile

I booked at Costa Smeralda for 30/11 and 1/12 for a family holiday in Margate. Please note that I have stayed in margate at other first venues in the past 2 years. On arrival to the property my impression was already marred as it looked nothing like the pictures on the Internet.

As I got to the office to check-in the lady at reception, Shirley, advised me that there was no reservation despite my credit card confirmation that payment was indeed made. Which I found to be utterly ridiculous. She then called Fun Holidays for me to talk to them about the situation as she has no knowledge of me having a reservation I was transferred again and again until I insisted a lady by the name of Avashnee assist me she spoke to Shirley again and then they advised that I could be accommodated in 1 unit (no 11) on 1 night and move to another unit(no. 15) on the second night of my stay.

I asked to see the apartment before I agreed, the walk up 3 flights of stairs was not conducive to having an elderly 72 year old parent with me. Also it was not clean and smelt of urine. I was horrified when the apartment was opened as I walked in there was a stale stuffy smell in the living areas. This after assuring me that the unit was cleaned and ready for me to stay in. The cupboards in the bedrooms have moisture and have the extra linen kept in despite them being dirty. The bathrooms are horrendous in terms of their state, in serious need of upgrading. The kitchen just looked grimey. Suffice to say if the accommodation was offered to me free of charge I would decline. I returned Shirleys keys and booked alternative accommodation.

I insist that the property management take proper pictures of the property and not misrepresent yourselves online.

The cleanliness of the entire property leaves alot to be desired. Not worthy of 3 star rating as the place is a dump. Complete waste of money, even if only R850 p/night, that should be sufficient to buy you a clean place to sleep & bath. Topanga is 1000 times better for less money spent.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Carlsaroundtheglobe, Manager at Costa Smeralda, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2017

Dear Guest, thank you for writing to us and letting us know about your concerns, however, pertaining to the cleanliness and up keeping of our units and the Resort, we pride ourselves in service excellence, I totally, disagree with your feedback as I personally checked the unit, before arrival and the unit was up to standard and smelling fresh, We do apologize for not having any units available on the ground floor as you requested for your 72 year old dad that could not climb the stairs and the inconvenience of being moved to another unit the next day, which was stated on your confirmation, due to us being fully booked. Look forward to host you again at our Resort.

Reviewed 6 November 2017

Fantastic views and good, clean rooms. need better communicative tools tough. it's frustrating to try and call an establishment and the number forever engaged... and then be chased out at 9 because the next patron will arrive early. not cool

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Carlsaroundtheglobe, General Manager at Costa Smeralda, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2017

Dear Guest
Thank you for your feedback, and great comments, our aim is to provide our guest with the best service as always and make sure that, you have a memorable holiday with us, we do apologize for any inconvenience experienced at our Resort.
Thank you so much!