“great for many people...”

Rosehurst Garden Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Rosehurst is a whimsical blend of delightful shops, a speciality coffee-shop and an internationally acclaimed garden in Pietermaritzburg.
Reviewed 4 September 2015 via mobile

I think this must be a great place for many people. ...and having a weakness for outdoors this should get a good score.

found it easy enough but if you were not guided by your gps you could mistake it for a house from the street and pass it by.

The garden is quaint with nicely trimmed hedges. ....I think a bit British style in the heart of kwazulu natal.

service was quick and waitress who served us knew the menu. ...someone was sitting in front of the chalk board so we could not see it clearly.

We were here for light quick lunch. ..so the menu suited us fine. lunch was served very quickly. I ordered the black forest ham sandwich and my wife a salmon sandwhich. ... food was great. ..see the pictures.

I ordered a roses sparkling. ...They are not licenced. ... a pink sweet drink that is not my style in the end. ...I was experimenting
.. my wife had tea. ..

so this a 4 out of 5...my slightly lower score is the explosion of the colour pink everywhere. ..... no that is not a good enough reason not to visit but this is a really nice place just maybe not my "guy" style type of place.

Date of visit: September 2015
Write a reviewReviews (172)

Reviewed 1 September 2015

Rosehurst is a exquisite girlie garden coffee shop. The ambience is peaceful and the service great. They offer an array of tea eats; as well as light lunches- all with a touch of individuality.

Date of visit: August 2015
Reviewed 15 August 2015 via mobile

On the strength of all the good comments here, we went to suss the place out. I loved all the niknaks they had to sell.I also thought what a beautiful place to come and sit away from the maddening crowds. The down side was, that there were no vegaterian choices for breakfast. We were offered soup. ...... not what I'd have for breakie at 9 in the morning. They were willing to take the meat off the plate and substitute with mushrooms or tomatoes. So I decided that we weren't going to eat here as I would have liked my husband to have a choice of something different. I would consider going there again, but without my hubby. Suggestion to owners- consider adding some vegetarian options to your menu.

Date of visit: July 2015
Reviewed 13 August 2015

I recently attend an informal business meeting at the Rosehurst PMB and was so pleasantly surprised at the venue and the food.
Firstly, you amble through a number of cute and interesting rooms containing, books, antiques, edibles, knick knacks and other items that sets a very calming tone for the meeting ahead.
The surprise comes when you walk through the last room and view the magical manicured gardens - breath taking. It is hard to comprehend that in the middle of Pietermaritzburg CBD there is this island of magic.
The food was great and served in a most unique way ... all with a smile too.
I will be returning with the family - well worth a visit.

Date of visit: August 2015
2  Thank Shan C
Reviewed 27 July 2015

Great Food, Friendly Service and lots of kick knacks to buy. Return often especially when I have some work to do on my computer and need a place to eat and have a great coffee.

Date of visit: May 2015