“A lovely meal at a very friendly restaurant.”

Fish & Wine Company
Ranked #44 of 140 Restaurants in Umhlanga Rocks
Price range: US$8 - US$17
Description: A fresh fish and seafood restaurant at the Pearls of Umhlanga,beautiful sea views from our outdoor covered patio . Fresh Fish daily, Sushi, & Artisan meats.An extensive wine menu along with a cocktail menu made with fresh seasonal fruits of South Africa .
Reviewed 27 December 2017

We were so well looked after, the manager came over to specially discuss how my children would like their Calamari cut, and our waitress Beyoncé really made our night by engaging with my children and taking time out to chat to them.
My tuna was undercooked for my taste, but there was no fuss made and it was whisked away and brought back a few minutes later cooked perfectly for me. We would definitely go back again.

1  Thank Louise C

Reviewed 25 November 2017 via mobile

Sorry it’s not a Willbourghs in Durban.

I was really looking forward to this restaurant but unfortunately I was disappointed.

The place is bland, no atmosphere. I get the feeling that the decorators stopped half way and never finished their brief.

I was lead to believe that the food, especially the sushi was the same as Willboughs CT, sadly I was very disappointed.

Sorry but my experience was not good.

Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

Great Service. Friendly Staff. Personal Management Attention from the actual owner...
AND THE FOOD IS WOW....

Reviewed 23 October 2017

We visited this restaurant yesterday around 4.30 pm.
I ordered Sushi- Prawn Nigiri and my fiancee grilled Halloumi
Both were excellent in preparation and taste especially the Prawns . They were very succulent. Normally the Prawns at other establishments are rather bland.
Then I ordered seared Tuna. The taste was amazing as well as the sauce.
My fiancee had the Kingklip and she said the taste was really good.
Also the house wine was fair for R 28 bucks

Robert N, Owner at Fish & Wine Company, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2017

Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

We were greeted with a mango and mint shooter with a skewer of melon, grape and one other fruit.

Our waitress Nondi was so friendly and efficient.

Grilled livers peri peri, deep fried calamari main (table starter), Thai prawn spring rolls. All 3 dishes were excellent. The sweet potato mash is creamy and light!

The restaurant has partial sea views and being in this inside outside setting is perfect on a sunny Durban day.

We ordered the mango and mint smoothie with a shot of vodka - it was like a tropical holiday in a glass!

Mains:
Surf and turf with lamb
6 king prawns with savoury rice and edamame (it was over cooked and I didn’t enjoy it)
Line fish (Cobb) grilled with a French salad n wedges - beautifully seasoned and prepared

Robert N, Owner at Fish & Wine Company, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2017

Thank you for your review we appreciate your input