Road Lodge Umhlanga
AHA Gateway Hotel(Umhlanga Rocks)(Great Value!)
US$88
Agoda.com
Flamingo Lodge(Umhlanga Rocks)(Great Value!)
US$80
US$77
Hotels.com
Sylvan Grove Guest House(Umhlanga Rocks)(Great Value!)
US$82
US$79
The Sandringham Bed & Breakfast(Umhlanga Rocks)(Great Value!)
US$89
Agoda.com
Manaar House Bed and Breakfast(Umhlanga Rocks)(Great Value!)
US$94
US$88
Agoda.com
HoneyPot B&B(Umhlanga Rocks)(Great Value!)
US$77
US$63
Valdior(Umhlanga Rocks)(Great Value!)
  • Breakfast included
Garden Court Umhlanga(Umhlanga Rocks)(Great Value!)
US$114
Orbitz.com
The Oyster Box(Umhlanga Rocks)
US$372
US$331
Beverly Hills(Umhlanga Rocks)
US$388
US$357
Prestigia.com
All reviewsbudget hotelrooms are smallgateway mallgreat locationfresh smellsmall tvconvenient hotelsafe parkingroom was cleanclose to the airportone nightwalking distancestay there againeasy accessfree wifiumhlangaestablishment
Reviewed 23 August 2016

For what its worth, just less than the R700 price tag, very affordable given the location. Reception staff not friendly or welcoming, room pretty decent however an extremely small TV, sockets in room not working therefore I had to keep on charging phone at reception which was very irritating having to go down to charge phone & laptop.
Overall clean hotel and great location.
Staff need major training on Guest Relations.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
3  Thank StephenOdodah
Angus M, Public Relations Manager at Road Lodge Umhlanga, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2016

Thank you for staying with us and we are so glad that you had a great stay! We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 3 August 2016 via mobile

The Road Lodge is affordable and the location is great. It gets a 4 just for that. It's very basic accommodation though. Good enough for a weekend, but I'm not sure that you'd want to stay for longer. It might get a bit cramped. The bed is comfortable, but perhaps a bit small if you're used to sleeping on a king.

There's a vending machine if you want to buy snacks, but there's no room service to speak of. I suppose that there are enough restaurants in the area, and you could probably arrange a take-out delivery.

The bathroom is quite small, but it's okay if you're staying for a short while.

I didn't stay for breakfast the next day, but they seem to offer something decent enough.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Angus M, Public Relations Manager at Road Lodge Umhlanga, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2016

Thank you for staying with us and we are glad to hear that all your needs were met while staying here. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind Regards

Reviewed 13 July 2016

Having finished the Sani2C race in the morning and no available flight to Cape Town until Sunday morning, we my partner and I were looking for a place to sleep over for one night, close to the airport. After lookign at B7B places, I decided to opt for the tried and tested Lodge group. The road lodge is very good value for money, offers a beautiful clean room with a bathroom and is located close to restaurants. So it was a no-brainer to go there.

I found it strange that the walk-in rate was less than the "discounted" rate I could get through Reality. However, I wanted to make sure I had a room and booked it in advance. I was charged double on my credit card - once when I booked on-line and a second time when I booked in, but they did correct that mistake.

It was wonderful to sleep in a clean, warm bed after sleeping 3 days in tents. So a good experience and I will continue to use the Road lodges.

Stayed: May 2016
Angus M, Public Relations Manager at Road Lodge Umhlanga, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2016

Thank you for staying with us and for the great review. We are so glad that you enjoyed your overall stay with us and that everything met your needs and expectations. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 9 June 2016 via mobile

I stay here often, I enjoy the location, price, comfortable beds, good showers and decent breakfast. I always pay upfront and this trip paid over R4000 upfront. When I needed an iron to iron 1 shirt I was advised that I need to put down a deposit! First time in a hotel ever! I didn't have cash so was told to leave my credit card. I was advised that this was policy as they don't trust me that I won't steal their cheap iron. Poor attitude from staff, their service has definitely gone down recently, perhaps management? Very disappointed. I paid a deposit(left credit card against bank's advice) got the iron, almost ruined my shirt as the iron had dirty residue all over it. Hopefully won't stay here again with their poor attitude. A shame as generally good value.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank christM821JU

Thank you for being a loyal customer – a customer we would definitely like to retain. Unfortunately, we do have to ask for an iron deposit as our irons have gone missing before. As we pride ourselves on our friendly service, we are disappointed in your opinion that service has deteriorated – we will certainly look into this. We’re glad you like the value and would ask that you give us another chance to impress.

Reviewed 7 June 2016

I stayed at the Road Lodge Umhlanga Ridge for 5 nights at the beginning of May 16. I wanted to be close to the Gateway Shopping Mall and I could not have got any closer than I was.

The Lodge was great value for money.

I had requested a room on an upper floor away from the lift and I most certainly was accommodated in such a room.

From the moment I stepped into Reception I was given a very warm welcome by Juba who was one of the Reception team. She made me feel very welcome. I was amazed that she remembered my name throughout my stay.

My room was very clean and comfortable. Not what you could call the biggest of rooms but it was absolutely fine for me.

The only downside to the Road Lodge if you like a cup of tea or a coffee first thing in the morning as I do, there are no tea and coffee facilities. I do understand that this is something that the company are considering for the future.

There were many different Restaurants within the Gateway Mall which was really super and so, so handy. Only a 5 minute walk and you were in the Mall.

I would have no hesitation in staying at this Road Lodge again and most certainly would recommend it for short stays.

Room Tip: The rooms with twin beds looked larger than the room with a double bed.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
Angus M, Public Relations Manager at Road Lodge Umhlanga, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2016

Thank you for staying with us and for the great review. We invest a lot of time and effort to train our team to ensure the highest level of personalized service goes beyond our customer’s expectation. We are so glad that you enjoyed your overall stay with us and that everything met your needs and expectations. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.