“A place with old fashion attentive service and friendly staff.”
Review of Olive & Oil

Olive & Oil
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Whatever the occasion, when dining at Olive & Oil, we aim to imbue our Guests with a sense of well-being and comfort. Our friendly staff will be on hand to indulge you with the finest traditions of the Mediterranean – exceptional food and unrivaled hospitality. Our motto is simple; comfortable food made exceptionally well!
Reviewed 19 April 2018 via mobile

We were staying in Umhlanga Rocks for a weeks holiday and was looking for somewhere nice to have a meal. After reading the reviews on this restaurant we decided to give it a try and we were not disappointed. We were met a the door by a friendly gentleman who offered us a menu so we could see what they offered before making a decision. We decided to stay and we were so glad we did, we were shown to a table which you have a choice of inside or out and met Basil. Basil was extremely friendly and attentive and made some meal suggestions which turned out excellent, the food is amazing and generous. The restaurant gives off the vibe of sophistication and class but in a very down to earth way and it makes everyone welcome. Some wearing shorts and a tee shirt others more dressed up but everyone was treated the same. This is the 5th country I have visited in Africa in the last month and I would say it is the most enjoyable meal I have had so far. I will definitely try to go again before I leave.

Reviewed 18 April 2018 via mobile

22 of us booked a large table over the easter weekend. Being such a busy one we were concerned that the restaurant was quiet- we thought we may have chosen badly but after starters we knew we had hit the jack pot. Everyone’s food was amazing, not one of us was disappointed except maybe a small amount of food envy looking at what others had ordered. I had the snails and the queen prawns. I finished every morsel and rolled out of there full and happy. My family went back a further three times after that and raced about the platters, ribs, mussels and prawn pasta. I would give my eye teeth for anything on that menu right now.

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Thank you Tony for excellent service.
I truly find that most restaurants In Umhlanga lack good service. Thank you for recommending the Langoustines with bubbly mushroom and Mozzarella sauce!
8 medium size ( looked more like Large to me) -sublime. My daughter had the sole Thermidor and her prawns in the sauce very good size and fresh. The vegetables and sauces lovely. My granddaughter had the calamari which she enjoyed also. Very good cuppichinos were served. The best of all...VALUE FOR MONEY!

Reviewed 4 April 2018

We visited Umhlanga for 2 weeks and dined at Olive and Oil 3 times over that period it was so good. A huge shout out to our waiter Basil for going that extra mile every time we visited and when we told him we had got engaged, he arranged for some bubbles and a dessert for us. Everything we ate at Oil and Olive was amazing which included the langoustines (very rare in restaurants nowadays but cooked to perfection and so juicy), steak, garlic flatbread, snails, calamari (best tartare sauce I think I have tasted anywhere in the world!) and my grandparents commented that the beef carpaccio was the best they had ever eaten. This is a busy restaurant and I would recommend booking. They have a huge selection of food and wine and the waiters are very knowledgeable and helpful. You won't regret going to this restaurant, I just wish it could be our local for regular date nights. Thanks Olive and Oil for 3 very memorable meals and to Basil for really making us feel special each time we visited.

1  Thank ZaraAndy
Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

Nice food, good service but could be better value for money. Just on the street with plenty of other restaurants to chose from