1,387 results
All reviews sugar club nespresso machine attention to detail the general manager indian ocean star hotel pool area outstanding service eggs benedict feel special tsogo sun overlooking the sea out of this world beautiful hotel treated like royalty his team south africa
Reviewed 8 January 2016 via mobile

Supposedly a monument of the Durban hotel industry, this "5star" hotel has had its day, it is a tired and out dated hotel. Let me give you one example: how can a 5 Star hotel standard room have a shower in a bath tub in this day and age?

The problem with this hotel is the lack of proper management, a true 5 star hotel has pro active 5 star service, this hotel has reactive 5 star service. So when things go wrong the management acts.

My first room had a stench of smoke in it even though it was a non smoking room. The second room I was given did not have running hot water. Credit to Kuben the duty manager for upgrading me after this debacle to a luxury suite however the damage was done. At 11pm at night the last thing one wants with a 5 month old is to change rooms twice.

The breakfast I must admit was superb and service at the restaurant was of a high standards for the two meals we had there.

There is a general overall lack of supervision of the staff. At 7am on a Saturday morning we were awoken by maintenance staff drilling in the room next door.

Another example of the poor form was demonstrated when I requested my child's bottles to be microwave sterilized. An hour later and we didn't get the bottles back. I had to ask where my sterilizer was only to receive an excuse that room service forgot about it.

I guess most foreigners are taken aback by the splendid views and food that this hotel offers but as a well travelled South African, you expect exemplary service in addition to the location factors from a hotel of this class. But sadly the Beverly Hills failed during my last stay.

management must not use the excuse that the hotel will undergo a makeover soon as I expect the same service the day before a makeover as I would get after.

All in all, not good enough and sad to see such an establishment losing its reputation.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
BEVHILLSUMHLANGA, General Manager at Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2016

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We all pride ourselves in professional intuitive service and were concerned to learn of your experience.
We would like to rectify any misgivings , and would be most grateful if you would send the writer your contact details so that we could make contact with you personally.

We look forward to making contact with you .
john.decanha@tsogosun.com

Reviewed 8 January 2016

This Hotel is practically in my blood. Moving here from Rhodesia at the age of 5, this was the the very first Hotel my folks brought us too and I still remember it like it was yesterday. The smells have never changed and the ambiance is just sublime. I love this Hotel with everything and cannot wait to go back there for our next anniversary.

Room Tip: Just book at stay there.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family

Dear Valued Guest

I look forward to seeing you back at the hotel for your Anniversary. .

Reviewed 6 January 2016

This sophisticated hotel is very well-suited to and accommodating of families, particularly with small children. It is an older hotel, but it is well-maintained and very comfortable. There is no interruption of sea views which makes you feel like you are on a cruise. The rooms are rather small, but may families manage to share them nonetheless. The service in this hotel is what makes it shine - it is intuitive and competent. The staff will do anything to make your stay perfect. While the hotel is formal, it is so comfortable and lends itself to a relaxed, unfussed holiday. We spent 2 weeks at the hotel and barely left the property as the pool area was so fantastic. It is an easy stroll to town and right on the promenade. It is secure and there is a lifeguard at the pool for peace of mind. We will certainly be repeat guests.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family

Dear valued Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay, especially our iconic pool and our friendly and intuitive staff.

I look forward to seeing you back at the hotel in the not too distant future .

Reviewed 5 January 2016

This iconic hotel has been around since the 1960's and oozes class and style. The standout feature is the staff. The attentiveness of the General manager down to the guys that provide pool towels & sunscreen on the magnificent lawns overlooking the pool and beach is second to nothing. There is no better service anywhere in SA. The Bev Hills offers you the opportunity to relax completely. The pool deck is located on sprawling lawns that overlook the ocean & beachfront on a hill. Every room in the hotel offers spectacular sea views. Food is superb, rooms are comfortable (even the standard rooms) and service impeccable.

Room Tip: Every room is superbly positioned to provide sea views. Go high.
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 January 2016 via mobile

My husband, 14 month old son and I spent 8 days at Beverly Hills and had the most incredible time, all mainly due to the hospitality of all the staff from the doorman to the lady in entertainment, housekeeping, reception and managers. Nothing was too much for the staff, everything was done straight away and with a smile. All staff were very friendly, greeting you as they walked past. It was the most relaxing holiday we have had. The breakfast buffet was delicious with so much variety, you could eat something different everyday. The room service and the hotel restaurant's food was superb. We would definitely recommend Beverly Hills to anyone, no matter the age.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
BEVHILLSUMHLANGA, General Manager at Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2016

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I amdelighted you enjoyed your stay, especially our culinary offering, and our friendly and intuitive staff. I will pass your compliments on to them.

I look forward to seeing you back at the hotel in the not too distant future .