“The real Thai deal - unlike franchise stores”
Review of Green Mango

Green Mango
Ranked #70 of 140 Restaurants in Umhlanga Rocks
Reviewed 17 September 2016

Really excellent noodle and pasta dishes. The sauces are really well flavoured but best of all prices are fair and the portion sizes are quite large. The setting is very quaint - mixed crowd - little noisy but authentic in nature. The spicing of the food is mild but the flavour is genuine and cannot be discounted in any way. I also ordered some wonton dumplings(veg) which was rather lousy full of pasta with filling unworthy of mention and so ordered some chicken pasta which was enjoyed. The meat wontons will probably be far superior to the veg but since I'm vegetarian, I cant add much comments about the meat ones from the menu. Overall a very good experience - excellent waitress and food well prepared. will definitely go back.

Reviewed 30 August 2016

I do not know why there is a menu when I enquired about the options available the waitron was steering us to bland dismal food.

Reviewed 10 August 2016

We wanted a Thai meal, so made our way to the Green Mango. First impressions are of a cheap cafe, with no tablecloths and basic cutlery, glasses and chairs, but the food is better than that. I have given it an average, because it did not rate Very Good, but in truth it was better than an average establishment.
Jill had Tuna Carpaccio (R108) which was a very large serving with a pot of green tea (R23): however, they had a special on so Jill actually paid R54 for her meal. I had stir fry Chicken with Soba noodles (R84) which was OK but not special, and an appletizer (R28).
The meal, especially with the discount, was good value for a quick luncheon, and we would return, when we go back to Umhlanga.

Reviewed 8 August 2016

Friendly manager and staff. I had the cashew nut tofu stir fry and my husband had the crispy duck. Was very good!

Reviewed 28 July 2016

Love going to this restaurant, for a really good, top closs Thai dish or sush (or both!). Their deep fried ice cream is out of this world, and overall a small, intimate dining experience, where the taste is what counts.