All reviews wedding venue guest house beautiful venue professional service go the extra mile swimming pool pieter setting event midnight hosts team
Reviewed 15 March 2016

Stayed here for just one night on a business trip as it was just 5 minutes from my colleague's house and was very pleasantly surprised. I didn't get to look at everything on site but the setting was lovely, the room was comfortable and the shower nice and hot (once I worked it out after carelessly ignoring the instructions on the desk!).

I've seen some fairly negative comments on here about the wi-fi. Mine seemed to work fine although it was switched off at 11pm and didn't work again until the morning.

Breakfast was a bit basic, but nice enough.

Great value.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
PheasantHill707, Manager at Pheasant Hill Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2016

Dear Guest.

I appreciate your positive feedback about our hotel. We do take pride in catering to our guests’ needs the best way we can. If you’re travelling to our area again soon, don’t hesitate to call us.

Regards,
The Pheasant Hill Team

Reviewed 25 February 2016

Beautiful setting, with good food and excellent service! I would recommend this venue for anyone looking to get married. The rooms are all modern and clean. Pieter, the wedding co-coordinator and part owner, is very nice to work with and very accommodating. A truly outstanding place and excellent value for money

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family

Dear Guest.

Regards,
The Pheasant Hill Team

Reviewed 23 January 2016

If only I had more time...
Pheasant Hill is an absolute joy.
I flew into Johannesburg late in the day, needing a place to stay en route to the Kruger Park area. I didn't want an airport hotel, so simply looked along the route for good possibilities. I am so pleased my eye settled on this place, and wish I could've stayed longer.
I got a little lost! Deon and Pieter were then able to direct me in to a home they've loving built and crafted. They made me tea and we had a good chinwag before I retired to a well decorated room with nice comfy bed.
It's only in the morning you get a better appreciation of the scope and beauty of the surroundings with the gardens and the equestrian centre.
I'd stay here again with no hesitation, but I'd stay for longer next time

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
PheasantHill707, Owner at Pheasant Hill Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2016

Hi Nick.Thank you so much for the great review.You know you are always welcome at Pheasant Hill. Kind regards.Deon and Pieter.

Reviewed 23 November 2015

I have tried a few spots in the area and this has now become my permanent accommodation on business trips. Rooms are lovely, food is outstanding and the staff are incredibly pleasant and helpful. They make you feel like part of the family from the onset. The setting is amazing too and I look forward to my trips knowing this is where I go to after a hard days work to relax and enjoy the surroundings.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
PheasantHill707, Owner at Pheasant Hill Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2015

Always a pleasure hosting you. Thank you for your loyal support. Regards.Deon , Pieter and the Pheasant Hill team.

Reviewed 13 October 2015

We cannot say enough good things about this property and its fine staff. They truly went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable and fun, even to the point of sending a staff member shopping with us to make sure that we got the right electrical adaptor for our cameras. The food was very tasty and plentiful, and the service spectacular. The property itself is gorgeous -- particularly to those who are interested in birds, plants, and other natural history. The rooms were very comfortable and we look forward with great pleasure and anticipation to the next time that we stay. Deon, Peter, and Jason were the soul of hospitality.

Room Tip: Try for the room which overlooks the small pool with the ducks! It is great to sit on its patio and watch them swim.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
PheasantHill707, Owner at Pheasant Hill Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2015

We are delighted that you enjoyed your short stay here at Pheasant Hill and we hope to welcome you back soonest. I hope you enjoyed your African experience in general. Kind regards. Deon ,Pieter and the whole crew at Pheasant Hill.