“Wedding Bliss”

and 1 more site!
Pheasant Hill Guest House
Ranked #2 of 80 Centurion B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

We attended the Blamire wedding at this beautiful venue over the weekend. We were initially awestruck by the beautiful details around every corner of the venue. The food was wonderfully prepared and served. The staff was also very professional and friendly. A big thank you to Pieter and the team for an amazing experience.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
PheasantHill707, Owner at Pheasant Hill Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2017

Dear Annelise, it was such a great pleasure to host you and positive feedback like yours inspires us even more to keep our treasured guests happy. It means a lot to us.Thank you ! Kind regards.Pieter and the team.

Reviewed 14 July 2017

11 July 2017 - 13 July 2017 stay at Pheasant Hill

I would like to thank you for your hospitality, my mother-in-law says they were treated warmly, their stay was out of this world and very professionally, and the "compliment breakfast" they had was unexpected as she was willing to pay for it.... whatever misadministration we encountered was resolved accordingly, it was hustle free.

To add on the latter, I experienced that professionalism from day one when I came to drop them off and confirm their booking, I must say Pheasant is a place to be.

Kind regards,
Lerato

Room Tip: Room are clean with best views
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
PheasantHill707, Owner at Pheasant Hill Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2017

Your review makes all the ups and downs of this type of bussiness worthwhile. I hope to meet you in person next time.Kind regards.Deon Weideman.

Reviewed 13 July 2017

My wife and I had the great fortune to attend a wedding at this beautiful venue on the 8th of July 2017. during dinner after a really beautiful service. I asked the chef if there were still rooms available as i was really enjoying the House wine. ( chef by the way the buffet must be one of the best I've eaten. The gammon out of this world). The chef(sorry i forgot your name) immediately called the manager over and a room was sorted out.
The setting for a wedding or a weekend away is sublime.What sets this stunning hotel apart is the quaintness, the beautiful gardens and the peacefulness that descends over you, once you enter the gates. Not for us the typical corporate stiffness, but a gentle relaxed time, the friendly staff and beautiful surrounds, as if time has stood still. The next morning after a really good sleep and excellent breakfast, we had to force ourselves to leave.
We will certainly be back, and of course recommend to our friends kids to get married at such a beautiful classy .
Good wishes and hopefully see you soon again.
Ps. can you clone your hotel and send it to Franschhoek

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for the positive feedback and taking the time to review us. THIS makes it all worthwhile...happy clients. Kind regards.Deon and Pieter.

Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

I visited for a wedding and it was simply fantastic
from a to z
anybody who rates this place anything less than five stars must be on a trip of some kind!!!!
Superb setting and abience
Fantastic service and food
Very safe
very private cosy warm rooms
Thank you so much for the attention to detail and making every guest feel special
Definately will be back and i will promote you !!!!

Thanks again

A place really worth visiting

If you live in Pretoria
di yourself a favour and go see this venue before deciding on a place for a wedding or function!!!!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank usernamenottaken1967

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at Pheasant Hill with all.
We appreciate positive feedback more than you will ever know. Referrals are most welcome and Pieter makes every bride's dream wedding come true. See Pheasant Hill Wedding and Function venue on Facebook. We DID win the Best wedding venue in Pretoria 2015 ! I do not think we were nominated in 2016 but not everyone knows of the " Of Local" survey. We are even BETTER now , with affordable pricing. Kind regards. Deon Weideman and Pieter Bezuidenhout ( Owners ).

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

I booked via telephone
I asked first how much is it for a room as I am joining a fiftieth party at the a la Turks restaurant.
They asked me if I wanted a double room , I said I want a room for myself and my husband. I can give that to you for 790 incl breakfast , wauw what a bargain I thought . Please keep the room can I pay on arrival or transfer , I can pay on arrival . Room went up by 400 rand.
I could not explain to my husband what price I got as I was grabbed by the hand to go and watch the wedding venue .perhaps to distract me ? We arrived it's kind of weird very chaotic and nice parts and weird parts and neglected parts and renovated rooms and not renovated rooms big rooms small rooms upstairs rooms downstairs rooms , ashtrays with cigarette buds everywhere that where still not removed the next day ,braai area turned into a rubbish dump ,wedding going on and they couldn't find my name on the booking record and than the did , than someone lifted our case to take us to the room and than someone took over and he took us to the room , and on the way we had to look at the newly renovated rooms but we stayed in the old room and the lights where not working and it was ice cold in the room so the gentleman went on his knees to fix the lights while we where standing in the cold room watching him and than we where brought a torch and than the heaters started working and we got another blow fan heater wich was great so I could change into my evening gear .but than the maintenance manager came into the room to fix the lights and we told him it was fixed already and he wouldn't leave and he kept on switching the heater on and of and than told us he fixed it waiting for a tip while he actually did nothing (extremely creepy guy )and than we where on our way out to the restaurant and we had to listen to the fact they are friends and that the lady owner is not there and she is sick and that we are going to love where we going and where told and revealed about all the surprises to come . And than in the morning the geysers didn't work because one of the wedding people had switched them of as a joke etc etc...
Just totally chaotic and confusing and for the first time lost for words to write a review and explain this !
Anyway rooms are sufficient and beds are clean , they will go the extra mile if you ask. They saved us from going to draw cash and let us swipe our card and gave us cash before we went to restaurant , beautiful swans and stunning orchids , someone has a passion for plants in the atrium .lovely horses
Lots of wonderful things but somehow confusing ! And really chaotic !
Breakfast was sufficient and good.
It feels like this place has been a great success and is just getting milked at the moment.
The weirdest experience I have ever had so far !

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hekpoortheksie
PheasantHill707, Owner at Pheasant Hill Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2017

This is the most scathing , vindictive , negative , FALSE person I have ever met in my entire life !
Here s my story :
The reviewer (Katy ) and her partner arrived at approximately 18h00 to check in. I was aware of their arrival and while I was upstairs ,could hear them checking in downstairs at the reception desk. I overheard her saying that they were going to Alaturka Restaurant for a 50 th birthday celebration . I thought it would be nice to go downstairs , introduce myself ,chat to them ....and then check them into their room , myself. While her partner was paying the accommodation with his credit card I thought she might find it interesting to see our beautiful wedding venue , 15 meters from the reception desk. I showed her the wedding venue , in full wedding mode . She smiled and walked back with me to reception . I was a proud and enthusiastic co-owner of Pheasant Hill. I was NOT aware of any problem with the quoted price as I would have taken their word and gladly ,given it to her at the price she heard over the phone. Nothing was said about this matter...why was it not addressed ? I certainly am not a callous person ( as indicated by this women ) ...read "perhaps to distract me?". I ve got news for you ...this is not our style , never has been .Upon arrival at their room I had told them a bit about the property , history etc. I unlocked the room and as I reached for the downlighter switch , the switch collapsed and off course the lights did not go on as expected. I quickly got the bedside and bathroom lamps on and arranged for the 2 x panel heaters to be switched on. I also sent our manager, Gary, to their room with an additional fan heater.They assured me there was enough light in their room and I went back to my office upstairs. A while later they came into the reception area and asked where the nearest ATM was , in order to draw R1000 cash. I told them it was too far and that I ll give them the R1000 in cash.The card was swiped for R1000 and they thanked me. So far , no word was said to me about the "overcharging".Why ?..I was certainly not aware of this. I suggested to them to try and meet Ghokan and Vannessa at Alaturka (owners and wonderful friends of ours)....purely because they are such dynamic people.Was this offensive ? In my mind all was settled and good...and then , last night , I received this venomous , damaging review on Tripadvisor. 34 years of hard work , honesty ,uncalled for negativity ...out the door with this scathing , negative attack....causing us so much harm . Why all this ? ...after "the fact" ? As far the hot water is concerned...it is out of my control if one of our wedding guests switched off the geyser switch , thinking he is pranking his fellow bestman. You then had breakfast , the water was warm and Len told Pieter (co-owner) that you were then going to shower . The original farm dam is my "plant hospital"/nursey and firewood storage area . You find a problem with this ? YOU might not like our place but we , and our loyal guests love it.For your information ,madam , we do not have any false / fake reviews on our websites / tripadvisor. We do our utmost best. We always try to keep everyone happy , even in trying situations .I hope you are happy with the damage you are TRYING to cause us. We ll truimph over this negativity. You are false and dark . I will also report you to Tripadvisor and ,if need be , see you in court , to answer for the damage you have already caused us . Another fact...there is not one unfinished building on this property...I call you a liar. YOUR opinion about our beautiful place ,is yours .Thousands of others love this place . Live with yourself and your darkness . Deon Weideman ( Co-owner.)