Lowest prices for your stay
US$213
SAVE US$105
Expedia.comUS$308
eDreamsUS$213
TravelocityUS$308
All reviews infinity pool watering hole game drives garden suite water hole course dinner drakensberg mountains amazing place the reserve food was amazing kruger national park make you feel at home big game a wonderful stay stayed longer african bush safari experience
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 January 2021 via mobile

So... 2020’s end year travel was a little bit different from the other years because well... BAECATION boo! LOL! Here goes....

Vacationed (or should I say BAEcationed? Lol) okay! Let me be serious..

My partner and I got this awesome last minute deal and took a road trip to Khaya Ndlovu in Hoedspruit. Man, pictures don’t lie!

Upon arrival we were welcomed by two of the staff members who took our luggage and escorted us to reception (shout out to the lady who assisted in helping us settle in. Forgot her name). And there it was! The breathtaking (and unique I must add) reception area overlooking the infinity pool. This establishment has one of the most beautiful facilities ever! Let’s break it down..

Pool: Definitely one of the best features of the establishment! Man.. I have no words.. please check the pics to see what I mean..

Rooms: we were booked into a garden suite (bathroom with shower only, bedroom and a lounge with TV and small refrigerator - open plan bedroom and lounge) which was spacious and tropical! Gave us summer vibes! Loved it! Very comfortable!

Breakfast : cold breakfast served as buffet and the hot breakfast is picked from the menu. So much to pick from! I recommend the Khaya Ndlovu breakfast (the chakalaka is the bomb dot com) haha. So many beautiful spots to pick from to have breakfast. So awesome!

Dinner : The set up!!! Too beautiful to describe. Loved the deck couple set ups and the set up by the grass! Also, loved that there were different types of set ups for couples, families etc. Thumbs up to the in house chef! Food was tasty and delicious! As for the desert? Yum! Loved the whole idea of a buffet on the 31st! Well thought! On other days, the chef presented the menu and we choose what we felt like having. Loved it!

Game drive : By far the BEST game drive I’ve been on. First it was sunny hot (perfect weather for a game drive) then it started raining and it was sooo amazing! The rain definitely made the experience one to remember (and ofcos it stopped). The rangers asked us what we were expecting to see and ensured we definitely got value for our money. Shout out to Lovers and Sammy! Oh! Almost forgot! About two hours into our game drive we stopped for sundowners by the river.. what a golden hour moment.. we were served snacks and drinks.

Staff : Extremely well trained! Very professional, organized and friendly. Shout out to Victory and Gabriel. Oh! And Surprise for the not only for the well presented cocktails but yum! :-)

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Khens13
Reviewed 1 January 2021

This lodge is very special. The location and the view over the Dschungel is spectacular. The food is excellent and the service could not be better. We did the bushwalk and it was very exiting. We definitely will come back one day.

Date of stay: December 2020
Reviewed 7 December 2020

Great facility, with super friendly staff. The food is absolutely amazing and the game drive well worth it.
The rooms are beautifully decorated and kept clean.
The spa needs some work but overall it was a wonderful stay.

Date of stay: November 2020
Reviewed 19 November 2020 via mobile

We spent 7 days here and everything was outstanding.

We would highly recommend staying at this Reserve. The attention to details is remarkable.

5 stars to the room, the service, the FOOD (Thank you Princess and Team), the game drives and world class sunsets.

We will be back in March 2021

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 October 2020

I love everything about this place, the game drive was such a treat and the chef makes me want to book again right this moment!!
The cherry on top was making my fiance feel special on his birthday with a delicious cake!!

Thanks to Sharon and Wilson for that sweet gesture!!

Date of stay: September 2020