“Not Again !”

Sand Point Marina RV Resort
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lake Havasu City
Sand Point Marina RV Resort
Reviewed 28 December 2012

Your basic very old RV resort on Lake Havasu, needs many upgrades as it's 40+ years old, has lingering odor from the waste water facility, showers are free and OK, laundry with very hard water is OK,. However the snow birds and there barking dogs and dog crap everywhere, and management will do nothing about it, they don't want the snowbirds to be be bothered as they want their money.

Great bar & grill, well run, friendly, good prices, good food, Becky the owner/manager does and excellent job along with Laura.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
8  Thank RLjensen

Reviewed 2 October 2012

I stayed here again last weekend with my husband and our 13 month old daughter. We were very pleased with our one-night stay in May 2012 and decided to come back.

We arrived after the office had closed for the evening, but they had left the unit unlocked for our convenience (I had informed Dot that we would be late). We stayed in Space 1, a fifth-wheel right next to the swim beach and store. It was surprising in its spaciousness- there was plenty of storage and enough room on the floor for our toddler to play and run around. The unit was spotless and the a/c was already running for us. Just like last time, our linens, towels and utensils were clear-wrapped and clean.

We checked in the next morning- Dot was as cheerful as ever, and the process was quick and easy. We did pick up some supplies at the store- we had forgotten a few things. Dish soap was $1.75 for an average-sized bottle, a bag of sand toys was about $4.50 and a two-deck pack of playing cards was $3 or $4, if I remember correctly. We also bought a 6-pack of wine coolers for around $8. The prices were not too bad, but the store could use some more merchandise and stocking. I think a larger variety of goods might bring in more customers. The woman at the counter was named Joy- she was very kind and joked with us.

My sister, her husband, and his mother stayed at Space 2, right next to us. They were in a cabin-type unit that was comparable in spaciousness and cleanliness. The sitting area had a huge window across the back of the unit with a fabulous view of the lake. I think I preferred our unit, just because I really liked the layout of the fifth wheel. The only negative of Space 1 was the early morning noise. The closeness of the store, swim beach and marina entrance allowed us to hear all of the campers walking around and vehicles being driven right next to us. It wasn't too awful, but I definitely didn't need to set an alarm.

The woman in the bait store, Janie, was friendly, talkative and enthusiastic. My husband and brother-in-law caught several 5lb+ striped, and both mornings she excitedly took their photos and posted them on the wall of fame.

I was thrilled with everything about this weekend. The staff was fabulous, the facilities were well-maintained and clean, and the weather was gorgeous. We're so pleased with our experience that we're looking into buying a trailer so we can visit every month.

Thank you, Sandpoint!

Room Tip: Close to swim beach, but not TOO close!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank sharksydoisters
Reviewed 8 May 2012

My husband and I stayed May 5 with our eight month old daughter. We rented the fifth wheel at site 16 and arrived several hours before the 3pm check-in time. Our unit was ready and the ladies at the front office allowed us to check in early with no charge. They were friendly and chatty- not what I had expected from some of the reviews here- so we were pleasantly surprised.

The trailer was near the swim beach with a great view of the lake. It was large, with a sitting area that included a pull-out couch, a kitchen, full bathroom and a full bed in a separate bedroom. The unit was really dated and worn, but very clean. There were mirrors throughout that weren't spotted or streaked. The bathroom and floors were tidy and clean. The carpet in the bedroom was old and stained but appeared to have been vacuumed. Even the couch was spotless and I was comfortable lying on it (unlike the soft furniture I have seen in other places). The pots, pans, silverware, and dishes were all clean and wrapped in plastic, as were the towels and bed linens. It was really nice to know that these things had been washed since the last guest (unlike Black Meadow Landing, ew). The a/c was noisy but cold. There were two small TVs- one in the bedroom and one in the sitting area. My only complaints about the rental is that the bath towels were really rough, and that we received two flat sheets instead of one fitted and one flat. So all in all- we were very happy with the trailer we stayed in.

The campground, swim beach and marina were all very clean and well-maintained. We didn't go inside the restaurant, bar or store. We did buy bait in the marine store. It seemed kind of under-stocked and empty-shelved, but it had what we needed (anchovies) and the lady at the register was friendly and informative.

This was a scouting mission for a longer vacation later this summer with a larger group. We have stayed at Black Meadow Landing the past several years, and I'm very happy to have had such a great experience at Sandpoint. We're never going back to BML!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank sharksydoisters
Reviewed 24 April 2012

We rented a trailer and a motorhome spot next to it for spring break this year to enjoy a week with our granddaughter and niece and nephew. They are all young( 3,5, and 6) so I was hesitant to venture out with them but we were all well taken care of at Sandpoint and their cafe called The View. The trailer had a river view and was clean and ice cold upon arrival.Dale was there at the drop of a hat to answer any questions. The swimming beach was a short walk down from our trailer and was clean, safe, and very nice. The kids played there all day and we could sit at the provided tables in the shade. The cafe had great food and Becky was so sweet to the kids. She even bought things that she found out they liked to serve the next day. Little gifts popped up for them to enjoy... What a sweetie. the marina was very nice and they even launched our boat. The campground was quiet and the bathrooms were spotless. After 40 years of looking, we have finally found the perfect place for a relaxing family holiday!

Room Tip: Ask for a river front spot.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Jill M
Reviewed 19 February 2012

We rented a 5th wheel, and found it clean and comfortable. This is a great park, right on the water with a wonderful resturant, "The View". Everyone is helpful, Beckie at the View always greets you with a smile, and the food is delicious. They even cook special for me, as I can't have any salt or sugar, without having to be told each day. We stayed 7 days. We brought our grandsons as it was the fireworks convention weekend. Saturday night we all watchen the new and latest in the fireworks arena. Friday night was mike night at the View, and even our youngest, Nick age 11, got up and sang! We are planning to return to Sanpoint, as we feel this is a hidden jewel! Carolyn Dielman

Room Tip: Since I have a bad knee, I need a place without stairs. Call ahead and tell them, and you will get...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank carolyn d
MarinaBallerina, General Manager at Sand Point Marina RV Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2012

Thank You So Much. It is very difficult to meet the expectations and demands of those who object to following the rules and regulations of not just a business but a business that is a concession of the Arizona State Parks system. Sandpoint wants every guest to enjoy their stay and it is nice to hear that what makes Sandpoint so special to so many is still more important.