Book now, pay at stay
US$85
Agoda.com
Villa Palma(Kimberley)
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 December 2013

I booked the hotel because of it History being here for the last 130 years and the fotos on the website seemed nice
Since I parked in front of the Holtel it started.
Bad appearence, I immediatly felt unsafe parking in the streat.
At reception the battled to find the booking form. I gave them my copy.
I asked the receptionst and supervisor if they can recommend any place to visit, They told me sorry the lived hear all the life but never went to the museums or Big Hole... I was shocked!

When then went to the rooms and I found out there is no Wireless as advertize and also no DSTV.Only the 3 free local stations.
We then went down stairs as theey advitize free internet, Pub and DSTV down strairs.
Everything was locked and the DSTV not workin.
I tried to get a drink but the bar was closed.
We decided to visit a nother pub a few km's away to have a drink. and returned to the Hotrl fot dinner. Very nice Menu but half the stuff advertized in the menu not available
. No alchol was served. I think they lost there licence but the manager assures me it is because they are not very busy and the owner closed the bar. and stopped them from serving drinks.

I dedided to call it time out and went to take a long warm bath with the exception.... No Hot Water. I complaint again and 15mins later n drum of Boiling water was delivered to my room.

The bathrooms is also very old and can do with a renovation.

Never again will I stay here

Room Tip: Find another Hotel, If nothing is available go to the next town Keep on complaining and aske to see the manager. He seems to get something organised IE a complementry bottle of wine and a drum of Hot water to bath in
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank alwyn1_12
Reviewed 2 December 2013

A very basic hotel that still has strong hints of its historic past. Reasonable evening meal, and an OK breakfast. hotel was clean and had very friendly staff that did there very best to please. We where there on a Sunday - and the hotel is unlicensed - making the town Dry.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank AndrewMunnings
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I have heard that this is one of the ''old ladies" and wanted to visit this hotel. The hotel itself is in excellent state. Clean and friendly staff. However, there is a jazz club next to the hotel and the music was deafening for the whole night and we couldn't sleep at all. We left before breakfast.

Room Tip: Ask for the suite. Lots of space with lounge, sitting area and ensuite room.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 May 2013

Positives:
1. The staff are friendly
2. rooms were neat, clean and I thought cozy.
Negatives:
1. Old TV with just SABC 1,2,3 and e-tv (Gasps)
2. Wooden floor next to hallway (Room 110), if someone walked past the room it felt like someone walking inside the room (yes its that bad).
3. Parking arrangements, it is behind the hotel but you do not have a remote and the gate must be opened manually by the porter. Sooooo every time you come back to the hotel, first stop infront of the hotel, run in and ask someone to open then drive around the building and park.
4. Breakfast consisted of toast, mince, fried eggs (pre cooked, no choice) and corn and some canned fruit and yogurt. I ate breakfast at 7:30 am, alone and 3 staff members watching me.
5. almost centre of town but it alost feels like its bordering the industrial area, no restaurants in immediate area.
crux, will I stay there again? I doubt it.

Room Tip: Room 110 is a no-no. its on the corner and you can hear every footstep as it passes the room, terrible!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Rocco v
Reviewed 17 December 2012

We tried to stay at the Savoy on Saturday th 15th of December 2012. On arrival we asked the two ladies at the front desk if the hotel was quite as we just had a bad experience the previous night with a noisy hotel. They informed us that it was and so we booked in for our stay. The room was not bad, although everything is a little run down, everything was clean. We went out for the night and upon our arrival at our room (22h30) we heard shouting, screaming, swearing and very loud music coming from the outside. We went to the person on duty and asked if we could be moved to another room as we would not be able to sleep with the noise. They were only willing to give us a room further down the hall on the same side, which did nothing for the noise. We eventually booked out of the hotel at 23h30 after phoning around for another place to stay. Upon our return to the hotel the next morning to enquire about getting some of our money back (our stay was B&B), they heard our complaint about the noisiness and just then informed us that there is two night clubs on either side of the hotel. They were not willing to refund us. ( From the person who opened and closed the gate for us the previous night, we heard that the noise only stopped at 3h30 the Sunday morning!)

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family