See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 December 2014

This hotel was bad since we walked in.
No Wi-Fi, The staff did not even know what it was although they advertised it.
Only TV channel 1,2,and 3 in the room, No news or sport channels.
They had a wedding on in the evening so we was not allowed to eat or drink in the Hotel and had to go out for dinner to another restaurant.
No HOT water, The brought us warm water in buckets to bath

Room Tip: Book another hotel, This place is only nice on photos
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank alwyn1_12
Reviewed 12 December 2013

First hotel experience in South Africa. Pleased it was just one night!

Loud music into night
Toilet wouldn't flush
Inadequate menu

Pity as this hotel has obviously seen 'better days'. Staff tried to be helpful and apologised for faults.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank 78Patricia1957
Reviewed 7 December 2013

I booked the hotel because of it History being here for the last 130 years and the fotos on the website seemed nice
Since I parked in front of the Holtel it started.
Bad appearence, I immediatly felt unsafe parking in the streat.
At reception the battled to find the booking form. I gave them my copy.
I asked the receptionst and supervisor if they can recommend any place to visit, They told me sorry the lived hear all the life but never went to the museums or Big Hole... I was shocked!

When then went to the rooms and I found out there is no Wireless as advertize and also no DSTV.Only the 3 free local stations.
We then went down stairs as theey advitize free internet, Pub and DSTV down strairs.
Everything was locked and the DSTV not workin.
I tried to get a drink but the bar was closed.
We decided to visit a nother pub a few km's away to have a drink. and returned to the Hotrl fot dinner. Very nice Menu but half the stuff advertized in the menu not available
. No alchol was served. I think they lost there licence but the manager assures me it is because they are not very busy and the owner closed the bar. and stopped them from serving drinks.

I dedided to call it time out and went to take a long warm bath with the exception.... No Hot Water. I complaint again and 15mins later n drum of Boiling water was delivered to my room.

The bathrooms is also very old and can do with a renovation.

Never again will I stay here

Room Tip: Find another Hotel, If nothing is available go to the next town Keep on complaining and aske to see the manager. He seems to get something organised IE a complementry bottle of wine and a drum of Hot water to bath in
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank alwyn1_12
Reviewed 2 December 2013

A very basic hotel that still has strong hints of its historic past. Reasonable evening meal, and an OK breakfast. hotel was clean and had very friendly staff that did there very best to please. We where there on a Sunday - and the hotel is unlicensed - making the town Dry.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank AndrewMunnings
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I have heard that this is one of the ''old ladies" and wanted to visit this hotel. The hotel itself is in excellent state. Clean and friendly staff. However, there is a jazz club next to the hotel and the music was deafening for the whole night and we couldn't sleep at all. We left before breakfast.

Room Tip: Ask for the suite. Lots of space with lounge, sitting area and ensuite room.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple