US$101
  • Pool
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$118/night.

US$175
US$171
Agoda.com
Bush Bungalows at Sun City Resort(Sun City)(Great Value!)
US$82
The Kingdom Resort(Sun City)(Great Value!)
US$53
  • Pool
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$69/night.

Soho Hotel(Sun City)
US$149
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$174/night.

Bakubung Bush Lodge(Pilanesberg National Park)
US$343
US$315
Kwa Maritane Bush Lodge(Pilanesberg National Park)(Great Value!)
US$295
US$240
2,272 results
All reviewslost citycrystal courttusk barthe grillhigh teaoysterssushiover the topsouth africaamazing hotelother hotelsout of this worldbreakfast buffettreated like royaltywave poolwater parkbit dated
Reviewed 20 February 2013

I flew my family over from Australia to spend 3 nights at the Cascades hotel, part of the Sun City resort in South Africa.

On arrival at Cascades, we were advised that we had been placed on a smoking floor, as opposed to a non-smoking (We are a very anti-smoking family, it has killed close relatives) floor as requested. I am not sure of where the mix up occurred, it just did. I was advised that due to the season (post-Christmas) it would be very difficult to find us two adjoining rooms but they would try and to check back tomorrow.

When I checked back with Cascades management the following day, they were very apologetic and sympathetic to our situation. They advised that they could not find any non-smoking rooms so they have upgraded us to the Palace hotel, the premier hotel in the chain at Sun City. Further, this would be at no extra cost and with adjoining suites.

Naturally I was speechless. I was truly lost for words. I had been working in Africa for the previous 2 years and I had never ever experienced service like this before. It was such a wonderful experience and at that moment, Sun City had my allegiance for life.

On arrival at the Palace hotel, it was such an amazing sight! The facilities are second to none, and I have stayed at many high end hotels around the world (Including the Burj Al Arab) and the layout is breathtaking. Although there was a little confusion from staff at first, it was quickly resolved and we were shown to our rooms. The food, the ambiance, the staff, all such professional and courteous.

I look forward to returning to the Palace on my own next time for an extended stay. No I am not an employee or affiliated with Sun International at all, they are just a great and compassionate company.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank JimAfrica
Reviewed 18 February 2013

Visited Palace of the Lost City in January 2013. I am aure that it was spectacular when it opened
30 years ago. Now on the tired side. Food in the hotel was very average. The casino is very downmarket. We were unlucky with the weather, but do not feel this is a must - visit.

Room Tip: We had a room overlooking the pool. Nice view but not a full balcony more a juliette balcony
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 February 2013

Dream place made by men in a huge property. Spacious rooms elegantly decorated, fitted with luxurious sanitary wares, beautiful interior. Super Deluxe room allotted was like a gift from God. The breakfast lounge was huge and superb. Cant forget the awesome numerous variety of food items very delicately garnished and presented besides the great taste. It was like home away from home.Other out door activities were so exciting and thrilling that it made us think to extend the stay. Cant forget to mention Savita, the manager who made generous suggestions and took extra care to help us make the out door activities more enjoyable. Thanks to her for the profuse courtesy extended. Cant say it was our last visit!

Room Tip: All rooms were great
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 February 2013

Hola, you don't want baboons messing in your beautiful bedroom! I got the room by the 'rainforest' and it was super spacious, with super spacious bathroom as well. This 7 star property stands in a man-made city, can be good if you bring your family or loved ones along. Horse riding, wildlife safari, man-made beach with man-made waves, casinos, numerous restaurants... Shuttle is available for free to get around Sun City complex. The Palace has superb breakfast, nice lounge/bar, excellent food choice for lunch, a rich selection of scones and teas for your tea-time, several places to choose to dine, simply. Bedding is excellent, toiletries are wonderful. I like the classic-styled design of the room, I simply feel like a Queen in a Lost City! Although I like it more natural, I still give 5 ratings for this :) Unbelievable to see a place as such.

Room Tip: Ask for the one by the rainforest.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 February 2013

Stayed twice at this fab hotel and its absolute "heaven" from beginning to end. Beautifully decorated rooms overlooking the pool, stunning bathroom, superb service, petals on the bed and candles on upon return at night. Breakfast awesome, a huge buffet with delicacies like salmon, sushi, oysters, and for the mundane eggs, bacon, pastries etc. A guitarist who plays while having breakfast. Personal limo once you want to go to other hotels. Can also take shuttle bus. Lovely pools to choose from, will go back anytime.
Can only recommend.

Room Tip: try and book a room overlooking the pool and outdoor restaurant
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends