“Masterpiece Tasting Menu and Wine Pairings”
Review of Aubergine

Aubergine
Ranked #69 of 1,245 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 18 July 2017

As someone who has enjoyed chef's tasting menus at many top-tier restaurants, I would rank my experience at Aubergine in the top 5. Every course was exceptionally prepared with complementary flavors, and the wine pairings were perfectly selected to enhance the menu. The service was prompt and the staff were knowledgeable. While the restaurant is certainly what I would consider more of an upscale dining experience, we simultaneously felt familiar and at home. I highly recommend Aubergine in general, but especially the tasting menu.

1  Thank Daniel R

Reviewed 17 July 2017

The food was good, the service was good. Generally speaking, this was a top-notch restaurant. However, nothing outstanding. Personally, I seldom have my best food experiences at gourmet restaurants. When I pay that much for food, I not only wish for it to be outstandingly good, but I also want it to be new and exciting. Despite it not being original, the food was still very good although it was plain.

1  Thank Mari B
Reviewed 10 July 2017

From beginning to end you are welcomed with exceptional hospitality.
The food is phenomenal and the wines paired with each meal is well selected.
From the waiters, to the restaurant manager, to the sommelier and head chef, all have made my dining experience really worth it.
The ambiance is truly amazing if you are looking for a relaxed and romantic environment.
Highly recommended!

Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

Extraordinary culinary experience with attention to detail in every respect. Ambience personal with good acoustics. Service excellent ; chef clearly passionate about what he does and show a genuine interest in all his guests! An unforgettable 21st celebration.

Reviewed 9 June 2017

In a quiet backstreet part of town. Odd. Parking right outside.
Extensive food and wine menu. Options for vegetarians.
Wine pairing was fun in the start, we were a big group so lots of types to explain for the sommelier when we had starters. But the main and dessert we just were poured wines by normal waiters with no explanations.
Dessert chocolate fondant was the best, oozy and rich. The creme brulee was bizarre in a super long, narrow dish.
The prices are a bit high for South Africans, no problem for Internationals.
Subdued lighting makes it more of a romantic night out. Leave the kids at home.
After all that wine with 3 courses we were a bit tipsy. Recommend getting a taxi.