Quiet side street of Sea Point. Blvd. just 100 meters from hotel. Rooms are excellent, clean and modern. There is wifi, internet, apple tv, nespresso coffee machine and a little fridge . Bathroom very modern and shower is big. Breakfast is excellent with fresh orange juice. When weather permits breakfast is served on the street terrace.The staff is very friendly and cooperative. We had dinner 2 and the food was great. I can recommend this hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A fine boutique hotel, situated along the Atlantic Seaboard, in Sea Point, Cape Town. The concept of this city hotel is to offer "young of heart" travelers an ideal base from where to explore Cape Town and surroundings at affordable rates, without compromising any quality expectations. The ideal guest for Cascades on the Promenade is the well informed traveler, who is interested and anxious to discover Cape Town for what it is... a bustling, vibrant and incredibly beautiful city, brimming with activities and diversity. Our traveler doesn't want to sacrifice valuable holiday-time due to a remote or difficult location of the hotel, away from the main attractions, or battling with internet connection issues, insufficient hot water in the shower or more of those complicated situations that tend to spoil a vacation. Our guests want to get up and about after a good nights' rest in a perfectly equipped and soft furnished room. Breakfast awaits our traveler in the cozy Hotel Bistro or outside on the terrace, where he or she already mingles with the local regulars. The hotel is superbly positioned for immediate action, whether that is a vigorous jog along Cape Town's magnificent Seaboard... or a leisurely stroll... it's all right here on our doorstep... From the hotel it is a five minute walk to the Olympic size, open air, sea-side swimming pool or an even shorter stroll to the Beach Road to catch a ride on the Hop-on, Hop-off Topless Sightseeing Bus, which passes every twenty minutes. The bus takes you on a roundtrip through Cape Town. From the hotel it goes along the Promenade to the V&A Waterfront, through the inner city and further up to the Table Mountain Cable Car station. From there it goes down to the Clifton and Camps Bay beaches and back to the Promenade in front of the hotel. The Hotel The hotel is housed in a Cape-Victorian style, 120-year-old protected heritage building. An extensive renovation in 2010 has transformed the original structure into a very modern, super trendy place with a distinct international flair. Our guest will immediately recognize the spot as a trendsetter, definitely on par with leading small design hotels sprinkled around the larger cities of Europe, Asia or the United States. The latest on offer in hotel technology has been incorporated in the design and furnishings. The seven Deluxe rooms are very "complete". Five of them have outside balconies with comfortable seating arrangements. The two rooms without outside balcony are extra large and can accommodate an extra bed. All rooms have King size (180 cm) beds with soft, leather head boards and build-in reading lights. Remote controlled air conditioning (heating/cooling). Large walk-in rain showers, thermostatic taps, wall-mounted hairdryers and heated towel rails in the bathrooms. A state of the art 40" (1m) LED TV screen, a 23" Apple Mac computer with free internet, Wi-Fi access point, Bose iPod docking station, CD Player, Telephone, International plugs, Electronic Safe, Mini Bar and a Nespresso machine are standard in every room. Nighttime security is provided directly to the guest through automated roller shutters in the rooms and in general through a 24-hour attendance at reception and closed circuit camera's in the public area's. The Bistro Bright yellow Vitra tub chairs on the terrace and black leather upholstering inside the bistro, copper leaf and rich walnut wall paneling, Tom Dixon design lighting and a Samsung video wall for entertainment... the combination of these elements create the ideal setting where we offer our guests a fine, contemporary cuisine throughout the day. On the day-menu are light snacks and refreshing salads, from a choice of pasta's to fresh fish or a prime cut of succulent beef fillet. The "Patisserie" chef makes sure that coffee never goes without the necessary indulgence on the side. For dinner we change the setting for a fine-dining experience with a French style Bistro menu. And of course, there is the bar for a stiff drink, a cocktail or a good selection of South African wines. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Cascades on the Promenade reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cascades On The Promenade Hotel Sea Point
- Cascades On The Promenade Cape Town, South Africa