“Perfect place to stay”
other travellers have booked this property
IMG 6872
P4270847.JPG
P4270848.JPG
P4270853.JPG
PA220522.JPG
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

nic1954
Singapore, Singapore
“Perfect place to stay”
Reviewed 6 January 2012 for a stay in December 2011

We booked the apartment for 10 days over Christmas and New Year. Directions from the airport were clear and the apartment was easy to find. The host met us at security and we were shown straight into the apratment. As the owner was away on holiday we were greeted by an agency. Unfortunately this did cause some problems as the agency person did not point out that the office would be closed during most of our stay and so we were unable togain access to the mainswimming pool, the gym or to wi-fi for the first five days. I did point this out to the owner by e-mail as it is a small but important issue to resolve. Other than that we found the whole stay exceptional. By the way wi-fi access is very expensive Rand160 per day. If you have Skpe on your computer you can access Skyrove from the apartment which charges by the minute but then you can use it for only as long as you need. This is a much cheaper option if you only want to use your computer to say check a few e-mails or check in for your flight.

The apartment is perfectly located for an easy stroll to the V+A Waterfront for shopping and supermarkets, to the trendy Waterkant area for dining and to the City Centre/Long Street area for sightseeing and nightlife. It is also an easy drive either down to Clifton/Camps Bay or down to the sights on the other side of the mountain.

It was great that the parking garage was on the same floor as the flat making it easy to get stuff from the car to the flat.

The apartment was very well equipped and we made most of our meals in the flat. The small touches also make a difference as I noted in a review for another apartment where they were absent. Here we were provided with shower gel and hand soap, dishwashing powder and detergent for the washing machine, salt/pepper and some spices in the kitchen, some tea/coffee etc.

The furniture was simple but comfortable and the flat was decorated with colourful paintings. We especially liked to sit on the large balcony with a view over the canal and watch the world going by. Everything worked i.e. TV, washing machine, dryer, stove, microwave etc. If I could offer one piece of advice on furnishing it would be to add an extra lamp in the living room. When watching TV one had a choice between one small floor lamp which was a bit too dark or the full ceiling lights.

Overall a great place to stay and thoroughly recommended. In my notes below I mentioned I would not recommend this as a flat for those with smaller children. This is only because of the canal which runs through the property which is not fenced off. Potentially kids could fall into the canal if not closely supervised

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location, the fact it was sol well equipped and the small touches
Liked least: Not being able to gain access to the gym/pool or wi-fi for most of our stay
Travelling group: With Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
6 Jan 2012
Thanks Nic for your review, much appreciated.
Just 2 things to mention.
1. Internet is NOT R 160 per day. The R 160 will cover your internet for your whole stay. When I am around I ask the people to leave the cards behind so it gets carried over to the next people. If you are lucky you get internet for free, if you are unlucky you will just have to spend R 160
2. When I am around (most of the year !!), I give my guests 2 access cards. One of them gives you automatic entrance to the "owners pool" and gym.
Swakopmund

Luxury-minded travelers
Singapore
Reviewed 10 August 2011 for a stay in July 2011

Check-in / front desk Service
Travelling group: Family with young children
Your age range 45-54
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing