“Gala Dinner”

Cuisines: Contemporary, British
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: City Bowl
Description: The glittering Planet Restaurant and Planet Bar are chic, contemporary spaces in which to enjoy out-of-this-world dishes and cocktails. Dining with the stars is guaranteed at Cape Town's most stylish restaurant. Crystal balls grace the entrance and the decor includes a galaxy-themed carpet, planetary chandelier and twinkling ceilings. Matching the decor are Chef Rudi Liebenberg's heavenly menus, journeys of gastronomic discovery featuring the freshest local ingredients. The unique, intimate atmosphere of the Planet Restaurant cellar is an ideal venue for a perfect private party.
Reviewed 9 November 2015 via mobile

We tested the restaurant in March 2015 and we were impressed so we decided to use it for our conference with delegates from the US, Europe and Cape Town. The management team worked well with us in creating a wonderful experience for our 60 guests. The food and wine was very good and they allowed us to organize our own entertainment which was enjoyed by all.

Reviewed 1 November 2015

I went to the Planet Restaurant with a friend for my birthday dinner. We had oysters, shared a few starters and a had a nice main course. Everything was very good, although service could have been faster and more attentive. Unfortunately, when I washed my hands in the bathroom, I took my favorite ring off and forgot it there. A few hours later, both my friend and I had terrible stomach cramps and violent diarrhea. I wrote to the Restaurant's Food and Beverage Administrator the next morning, telling them about our stomach Problems and asking whether someone had found my ring. I never got an answer. This is unworthy of a restaurant that claims to be a top destination for fine Dining. Very disappointing.

Reviewed 21 September 2015

Excellent service from the butler at the front door to the waitress on the patio that informed us about our special drinks. Exceptional service in the restaurant. Good live music played throughout the dinner. Such a pleasure. Food was great, canapes a treat and the watercress soup delectable!

Reviewed 20 September 2015

If you are planning on a really special meal in South Africa with friends or family and you don't come here your just wasting your time. Recently refurbished and what a stunning job they have done! Highly recommended. Food is mind blowing

Reviewed 26 August 2015

Took my wife to Planet restaurant for her birthday and it was not the experience we hoped for. The restaurant was very empty (we understood why later), and the service was slow evwn with the low number of patrons.

Our food was really not good. I ordered sole that I struggled to eat as it was heaped with butter and garlic that took away any chance of actually tasting the fish.