“Top 10 Favorite Restaurant in the World”
Review of Dias Tavern

Dias Tavern
Ranked #49 of 1,224 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 18 May 2017

10/10 hands down. I have traveled to 10+ countries. Dias Tavern has amazing peri-peri chicken (the baby chicken is huge), fries, and espatada's.

Reviewed 17 May 2017

My client and I arrived to discuss our next business trip. My client is a regular and brought me to the bar for "the better service". We enjoyed a few beers while catching on the latest sports scores. We eventually ordered lunch, without viewing the menu, going by the bartenders advice, according our desire for meat, fish, etc. I choose fish and received a nicely prepared kingklip, the catch of the day. The klinklip was accompanied by traditional Portuguese rice. The lunch was delightful and perfectly portioned.

Reviewed 13 April 2017 via mobile

Love this place! Great atmosphere and excellent food. Come here every time we visit Cape Town and it never disappoints!!!

Reviewed 12 April 2017 via mobile

Been here many times, this place has been going for years. Friendly staff and owners very helpful and friendly. Great Portuguese cuisine. Owned by Portuguese. Food is good. My favourite is the espetada. Love this place over a weekend as its always busy and vibey with live music. You have to book in advance otherwise you won't get seating. Decor is very old school but there is no need for poshness. The food and entertainment is super. Never disappointed.

Reviewed 10 April 2017

Rustic, relaxed setting, food is brilliant,never disappointed. Only negative for me personally was no smoking but hey that's the way everything is going now. Traditional food at its best