“Most talented & knowledgeable guide in Cape Town!”

The Cape Town Tour Guide Co.
More attraction details
Owner description: Our experienced team specializes in arranging customized private tours for small groups and families visiting Cape Town and South Africa. Our passion is delivering a high quality and authentic customized touring experience to the discerning visitor. At The Cape Town Tour Guide Co. Clive de Bruyne leads a small, expert team of professionally certified and experienced private guides who know well that you have unique needs and expectations when you travel.
Reviewed 31 May 2017

Clive from The Cape Town Tour Guide took me and my three girlfriends on a 1/2 day tour around Cape town. We spent 1/2 the time on foot and 1/2 the time in Clive's car. He shared Cape Town's amazing history with us through stories and sightseeing. He was also a great picture taker! We taught him how to use boomerang on instagram, he was fun, personable and up for a good laugh. :) He was also open to answering any question we had about life in Cape Town. I'd totally recommend this tour to anyone wanting to get to learn more about Cape Town, it's history and the people who live here from a local. We also felt very safe with him which is very important in this city. Our tour with him was an unexpected surprise and I'm so happy we did it. We'll see you on the gram' Clive!

All reviews
"fabulous days"
"comfortable vehicle"
"garden route"
in 13 reviews
"answered all our questions"
"wine tasting"
"perfect guide"
"boulders beach"
"kirstenbosch gardens"

Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

We visited Cape Town on our honeymoon for 4 days. Clive was the most amazing tour guide. He was so knowledgeable and made everyday so interesting and fun. We fell in love with Cape Town and would recommend Clive to everyone!

Reviewed 8 May 2017

Clive gave my husband and me a fantastic 2.5-day tour of Cape Town. We have used some of the most prestigious tour companies in the world, and I can honestly say that Clive is one of the best guides we have ever had. He is very enthusiastic and genuine and we enjoyed his company. He has a great sense of humor and was able to keep with us (we like having a good time). His timing was always early, in fact, he was at our hotel (The Silo) just in case our Helicopter transport driver didn't show up on time. Sure enough, the driver DID NOT show up, so Clive was there to get us over to our Heli-Tour without missing a beat! Talk about anticipating one's needs, this blew us away! In the evenings he would do research on spots I just mentioned I was interested in visiting. He printed out all of my interests, gave them to me in the morning, and then he created a wifi hotspot in his car so I could Google all of his spots and pick the ones that interested me most - talk about service and efficiency.
Clive also brings a great deal of knowledge, personal experience, and anecdotes to his tour. This was great because we definitely had a genuine experience, and his true passion for his city is contagious. In addition to being a fantastic guide, Clive has an immaculate Land Rover that zoomed us safely and comfortably all over Cape Town. We would rate him 10 stars if we could!

Reviewed 13 April 2017

Clive gave us an extraordinary tour. His style was friendly and engaging. Clive has an excellent knowledge of the area and shared his knowledge with enthusiasm. Clive took steps to ensure that our tour was informative and exciting. We drove the beautiful Chapmans Peak route, hiked the trail from The Cape to the visitors centre, went to Simonstown and Kalk Bay for a wonderful lunch. Clive took us to the Botanical garden where is commentary was very informative. Clive gave us a great tour of highlights in Cape Town itself which we otherwise never have experienced on our own.

1  Thank bethcampbell337
See more reviews
Reviewed 30 March 2017

My group of four women had two full day tours with Clive. His knowledge was deep for the area, excellently presented, and permanently enriched our experience of the Cape and the Stellenbosch wine country. He was malleable and willing to make stops or arrange meetings for us where he had to go out of his way to accommodate us. Clive's recommendations never failed to impress us with his expertise--how to navigate Tabletop Mountain and the funicular; the penguins; the shopping was extraordinary. Always on time, mannerly, and humorous. We recommend his talents on every level.