“Outstanding 2 days with Clive”

The Cape Town Tour Guide Co.
More attraction details
Owner description: Our experienced team specializes in arranging customized private tours for small groups and families visiting Cape Town and South Africa. Our passion is delivering a high quality and authentic customized touring experience to the discerning visitor. At The Cape Town Tour Guide Co. Clive de Bruyne leads a small, expert team of professionally certified and experienced private guides who know well that you have unique needs and expectations when you travel.
Reviewed 20 June 2017

My family and I spent two days in Capetown and wanted to make the most of it. We booked two days with Clive almost a year in advance...something I recommend anyone wanting a tour do - book as far in advance as possible. We set up one day of hiking (up and over Table mountain) and one day of car touring. Clive was very flexible and switched days at the last minute when weather dictated (he also clearly had backup plans if we couldn't do our first choice). The hike was challenging but all of us - including our 14 year old daughter...made it fine - and was followed by some walking tours of parts of the city. The other day was spent car touring down toward the Cape in his land rover. Clive had a wide range of information on the area, people, flora and fauna and all aspects of the trip. Both days were outstanding and we felt we had covered as much as we could possibly have done in those 2 jam packed days.

2  Thank seeking_direction
in 4 reviews
"days touring"
"personal guide"
in 4 reviews
"answered all our questions"
in 5 reviews
"excellent tour"
in 6 reviews
"always on time"

Reviewed 11 June 2017

The 4 of us booked Clive for an 8 day road trip to see Cape Argulus, Oudtshoorn (for the Meercats)Stellenbosch and Cape Town. As other reviewers have stated Clive is a fun, knowledgeable and personable guide. Clive was able to adapt our trip to suit our interests ( no sunset photography but lots of wildlife photography) and made sure that we had a fabulous time. His accommodation choices were excellent and we enjoyed sharing a great Brai with him as the masterchef at Cape Argulus. His restaurant choices were spot on. Clive also ensured that we stopped at all the great coffee spots and that we enjoyed the wildlife and beautiful vistas along the way. Towards the end of the trip it felt like we were travelling with a friend. We are now thinking about our next trip to Africa and how can we do another road trip with Clive!

Reviewed 31 May 2017

Clive from The Cape Town Tour Guide took me and my three girlfriends on a 1/2 day tour around Cape town. We spent 1/2 the time on foot and 1/2 the time in Clive's car. He shared Cape Town's amazing history with us through stories and sightseeing. He was also a great picture taker! We taught him how to use boomerang on instagram, he was fun, personable and up for a good laugh. :) He was also open to answering any question we had about life in Cape Town. I'd totally recommend this tour to anyone wanting to get to learn more about Cape Town, it's history and the people who live here from a local. We also felt very safe with him which is very important in this city. Our tour with him was an unexpected surprise and I'm so happy we did it. We'll see you on the gram' Clive!

Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

We visited Cape Town on our honeymoon for 4 days. Clive was the most amazing tour guide. He was so knowledgeable and made everyday so interesting and fun. We fell in love with Cape Town and would recommend Clive to everyone!

See more reviews
Reviewed 8 May 2017

Clive gave my husband and me a fantastic 2.5-day tour of Cape Town. We have used some of the most prestigious tour companies in the world, and I can honestly say that Clive is one of the best guides we have ever had. He is very enthusiastic and genuine and we enjoyed his company. He has a great sense of humor and was able to keep with us (we like having a good time). His timing was always early, in fact, he was at our hotel (The Silo) just in case our Helicopter transport driver didn't show up on time. Sure enough, the driver DID NOT show up, so Clive was there to get us over to our Heli-Tour without missing a beat! Talk about anticipating one's needs, this blew us away! In the evenings he would do research on spots I just mentioned I was interested in visiting. He printed out all of my interests, gave them to me in the morning, and then he created a wifi hotspot in his car so I could Google all of his spots and pick the ones that interested me most - talk about service and efficiency.
Clive also brings a great deal of knowledge, personal experience, and anecdotes to his tour. This was great because we definitely had a genuine experience, and his true passion for his city is contagious. In addition to being a fantastic guide, Clive has an immaculate Land Rover that zoomed us safely and comfortably all over Cape Town. We would rate him 10 stars if we could!