“Wonderful three day tour of Cape Town”

The Cape Town Tour Guide Co.
More attraction details
Owner description: Our experienced team specializes in arranging customized private tours for small groups and families visiting Cape Town and South Africa. Our passion is delivering a high quality and authentic customized touring experience to the discerning visitor. At The Cape Town Tour Guide Co. Clive de Bruyne leads a small, expert team of professionally certified and experienced private guides who know well that you have unique needs and expectations when you travel.
Reviewed 25 August 2017

We contacted Clive last April via his website and asked about his availability during three days of a week that we were planning to be in Cape Town in August. He responded promptly, asking about our particular interests. Based on our interests he put together a itinerary with enough flexibility built in to account for weather (easier over three days). It included just the right mix of history, scenery and wildlife (whales, penguins!). It was also "professional" enough to give us the confidence to put down 50% of the quote upfront via paypal to get our dates reserved.

We reconfirmed with Clive the week before our arrival and everything was set. During our tour he was always prompt, very personable and incredibly knowledgeable. Our itinerary required some driving time (in his very comfortable vehicle), but these drives were always filled with interesting conversations about far flung topics involving Cape Town or South Africa. Clive asked us early on what our ideas were about lunches (fancy and long, or simple and quick), and each day he recommended perfect restaurants/cafes to fit our style and tastes.

For us it was the perfect ending to a five week African adventure. We highly recommend working with Clive to make your Cape Town visit a great experience!

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

We recently spent two full days touring Capetown with Clive. I found Clive through TripAdvisor some weeks before and from the moment I emailed him I couldn't have been happier. He answered my every question, and I had a lot of them, promptly and completely providing websites to all the places he recommended including outside of Capetown. Clive covered all the high points and found roundabout ways of avoiding the crowds. He took us to great local restaurants for lunch and made perfect suggestions for our dinners. As it happens my son and husband caught a bad stomach bug and Clive managed to balance our site seeing while accommodating their needs. He even stayed in touch the following few days to see how they were doing. In all, Clive couldn't have been nicer or more well versed in everything we experienced from history to nature and current events - and all with good humor. I can't recommend Clive highly enough.

Reviewed 2 August 2017

Carl was fully booked when I was hoping to book a tour with him. Despite this he still took the time to email me with other options of what I could do during my time and I think that this speaks volumes. I hope to do one of his tours in the future.

Reviewed 22 July 2017

Our experience with Cape Town Tour Guide is one of the best tours we have ever had anywhere. Before even arriving, Clive was a consummate pro in working and communicating with me as we mapped out a 3-day tour for our group (of 18!). Everything was clear and his knowledge of what to do practically proved to be really insightful. Then all the details, starting with our pickup at arrivals through to delivering us for our departure, were flawlessly executed by Clive and his team. He was able to keep us all on track while also giving us lots of flexibility to adjust as we went. But what really made our experience was his personal engagement with everyone of us--3 families with 11 kids of all ages. His knowledge runs deep (geography, history, sports, wildlife, flora, politics, etc.), he keeps everything really interesting, and he makes everyone in the group feel very connected to the tour.

Personable. Thoughtful. Professional. Simply outstanding.

Reviewed 3 July 2017

When we arrived in Cape Town after two weeks of safari we wanted to see and learn as much about the western cape as possible during the two and a half days available to us.
We spent this time in the care of and under the guidance of Clive De Brunge. We saw the "must see" aspects of the dazzlingly beautiful western cape including Table Mountain, the historic old city, the Cape of Good Hope and Cape Point, the wine country, Stellenboch, and an overview of massive Cape Town township (shanty town). These activities included hiking, and seeing wild ostriches, kudus, and African Penguins. We will recommend Clive to any one who asks us about a trip to the Cape because: (1) he is deeply invested in his county and it's future and willing to share his carefully considered thoughts about the past and the future, (2) he is well educated and thoroughly knowledgeable about the history, the culture, and the must see and do items in the Cape Town area including the best places to eat and shop, and (3) he focuses on important details such as making sure you are in the first cable car of the day to the top of Table Mountain thus avoiding the daily rush of tourists to the top and he is sensitive to your personal interests and responsive and flexible about plans for the day.

2  Thank judithjudd