“The best- look no further! ”

The Cape Town Tour Guide Co.
More attraction details
Owner description: Our experienced team specializes in arranging customized private tours for small groups and families visiting Cape Town and South Africa. Our passion is delivering a high quality and authentic customized touring experience to the discerning visitor. At The Cape Town Tour Guide Co. Clive de Bruyne leads a small, expert team of professionally certified and experienced private guides who know well that you have unique needs and expectations when you travel.
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Clive is fantastic in every aspect from the moment you email an enquiry right through to the end of your stay. Having never been to Africa before I was a little concerned about safety before leaving home. I can say without hesitation that I felt safe the entire duration of my activities with Clive and as a result of him I have completely fallen in love with Cape Town!

Clive's knowledge about Cape Town is truly amazing and he has a great sense of humor. Spending hours per day with Clive there was never an awkward silence or standard commentary, every question we had was answered with an amazing amount of depth and knowledge.

Personally, I felt as if I had a friend in Cape Town that would be there if my partner or I needed anything. Clive emailed me suggestions for activities on days that I was not touring with him and genuinely cares about his clients. We cannot wait to return and use Clive again!

All reviews
"comfortable vehicle"
in 4 reviews
"days touring"
in 3 reviews
"answered all our questions"
in 5 reviews
"excellent tour"
in 6 reviews
"perfect guide"

Reviewed 25 August 2017

We contacted Clive last April via his website and asked about his availability during three days of a week that we were planning to be in Cape Town in August. He responded promptly, asking about our particular interests. Based on our interests he put together a itinerary with enough flexibility built in to account for weather (easier over three days). It included just the right mix of history, scenery and wildlife (whales, penguins!). It was also "professional" enough to give us the confidence to put down 50% of the quote upfront via paypal to get our dates reserved.

We reconfirmed with Clive the week before our arrival and everything was set. During our tour he was always prompt, very personable and incredibly knowledgeable. Our itinerary required some driving time (in his very comfortable vehicle), but these drives were always filled with interesting conversations about far flung topics involving Cape Town or South Africa. Clive asked us early on what our ideas were about lunches (fancy and long, or simple and quick), and each day he recommended perfect restaurants/cafes to fit our style and tastes.

For us it was the perfect ending to a five week African adventure. We highly recommend working with Clive to make your Cape Town visit a great experience!

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

We recently spent two full days touring Capetown with Clive. I found Clive through TripAdvisor some weeks before and from the moment I emailed him I couldn't have been happier. He answered my every question, and I had a lot of them, promptly and completely providing websites to all the places he recommended including outside of Capetown. Clive covered all the high points and found roundabout ways of avoiding the crowds. He took us to great local restaurants for lunch and made perfect suggestions for our dinners. As it happens my son and husband caught a bad stomach bug and Clive managed to balance our site seeing while accommodating their needs. He even stayed in touch the following few days to see how they were doing. In all, Clive couldn't have been nicer or more well versed in everything we experienced from history to nature and current events - and all with good humor. I can't recommend Clive highly enough.

Reviewed 2 August 2017

Carl was fully booked when I was hoping to book a tour with him. Despite this he still took the time to email me with other options of what I could do during my time and I think that this speaks volumes. I hope to do one of his tours in the future.

See more reviews
Reviewed 22 July 2017

Our experience with Cape Town Tour Guide is one of the best tours we have ever had anywhere. Before even arriving, Clive was a consummate pro in working and communicating with me as we mapped out a 3-day tour for our group (of 18!). Everything was clear and his knowledge of what to do practically proved to be really insightful. Then all the details, starting with our pickup at arrivals through to delivering us for our departure, were flawlessly executed by Clive and his team. He was able to keep us all on track while also giving us lots of flexibility to adjust as we went. But what really made our experience was his personal engagement with everyone of us--3 families with 11 kids of all ages. His knowledge runs deep (geography, history, sports, wildlife, flora, politics, etc.), he keeps everything really interesting, and he makes everyone in the group feel very connected to the tour.

Personable. Thoughtful. Professional. Simply outstanding.