“Five amazing days with Clive!”

The Cape Town Tour Guide Co.
More attraction details
Owner description: Our experienced team specializes in arranging customized private tours for small groups and families visiting Cape Town and South Africa. Our passion is delivering a high quality and authentic customized touring experience to the discerning visitor. At The Cape Town Tour Guide Co. Clive de Bruyne leads a small, expert team of professionally certified and experienced private guides who know well that you have unique needs and expectations when you travel.
Reviewed 27 September 2017

Clive is so great to work with - we began planning this trip a year ago by emailing Clive our dates and interests. He listened to us and came up with a jaw dropping 5 day of tours - city tour, Cape Point and the penguins, hiking up Table Mountain (do it!), whale watching, and the Winelands. When my husband inquired about hot air ballooning Clive explained why that doesn't happen much in Cape Town and suggested three alternate activities - we chose to paraglide off Signal Hill! We wouldn't have even thought about that without Clive's suggestions. When we weren't feeling so good after our whale boat tour he easily adjusted our schedule to help us out. He also gave us suggestions on other things to do and places to eat during our down time. Five days is a long time to spend with someone and we enjoyed every minute - Clive is easy to talk to about many topics and so very knowledgeable about Cape Town, surrounding areas, flowers, birds, the list goes on! We were sad to say goodbye to our new friend on our last day.

All reviews
"fabulous days"
"comfortable vehicle"
"garden route"
in 13 reviews
"answered all our questions"
"wine tasting"
"perfect guide"
"boulders beach"
"kirstenbosch gardens"

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Clive is fantastic in every aspect from the moment you email an enquiry right through to the end of your stay. Having never been to Africa before I was a little concerned about safety before leaving home. I can say without hesitation that I felt safe the entire duration of my activities with Clive and as a result of him I have completely fallen in love with Cape Town!

Clive's knowledge about Cape Town is truly amazing and he has a great sense of humor. Spending hours per day with Clive there was never an awkward silence or standard commentary, every question we had was answered with an amazing amount of depth and knowledge.

Personally, I felt as if I had a friend in Cape Town that would be there if my partner or I needed anything. Clive emailed me suggestions for activities on days that I was not touring with him and genuinely cares about his clients. We cannot wait to return and use Clive again!

Reviewed 25 August 2017

We contacted Clive last April via his website and asked about his availability during three days of a week that we were planning to be in Cape Town in August. He responded promptly, asking about our particular interests. Based on our interests he put together a itinerary with enough flexibility built in to account for weather (easier over three days). It included just the right mix of history, scenery and wildlife (whales, penguins!). It was also "professional" enough to give us the confidence to put down 50% of the quote upfront via paypal to get our dates reserved.

We reconfirmed with Clive the week before our arrival and everything was set. During our tour he was always prompt, very personable and incredibly knowledgeable. Our itinerary required some driving time (in his very comfortable vehicle), but these drives were always filled with interesting conversations about far flung topics involving Cape Town or South Africa. Clive asked us early on what our ideas were about lunches (fancy and long, or simple and quick), and each day he recommended perfect restaurants/cafes to fit our style and tastes.

For us it was the perfect ending to a five week African adventure. We highly recommend working with Clive to make your Cape Town visit a great experience!

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

We recently spent two full days touring Capetown with Clive. I found Clive through TripAdvisor some weeks before and from the moment I emailed him I couldn't have been happier. He answered my every question, and I had a lot of them, promptly and completely providing websites to all the places he recommended including outside of Capetown. Clive covered all the high points and found roundabout ways of avoiding the crowds. He took us to great local restaurants for lunch and made perfect suggestions for our dinners. As it happens my son and husband caught a bad stomach bug and Clive managed to balance our site seeing while accommodating their needs. He even stayed in touch the following few days to see how they were doing. In all, Clive couldn't have been nicer or more well versed in everything we experienced from history to nature and current events - and all with good humor. I can't recommend Clive highly enough.