Protea Hotel Cape Town Waterfront Breakwater Lodge
Park Inn by Radisson Cape Town Foreshore(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$64
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$77/night.

Holiday Inn Express Cape Town City Centre(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$73
US$67
  • Breakfast included
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$77/night.

The Hyde All-Suite Hotel(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$83
Hilton Cape Town City Centre(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$101
Hilton
  • Pool
Sugar Hotel & Spa(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$104
Long Street Boutique Hotel(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$55
  • Bar/Lounge
ONOMO Hotel Cape Town - Inn On The Square(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$85
US$51
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$59/night.

Fritz Hotel(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$46
The Westin Cape Town(Cape Town Central)
US$175
US$154
  • Pool
Victoria & Alfred Hotel(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$166
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$216/night.

1,146 results
All reviewsbusiness schooluniversity campusgreat locationconverted prisonfamily roominteresting hotelfrosted glassrooms are smalltable mountainfive minute walkdouble bedhop on hop off buswalking distancewater frontbreakfast roomred busmain building
Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

Overall I was pleased with my stay. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The hotel itself is a bit plain, as it is an old prison hence you can tell that by the design and look of the rooms.
The location is probably the best thing about the hotel, walking distance from the waterfront.
I would personally choose a different hotel for my next trip, but if you like value for money it is a good choice.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
PHBWLCPT, General Manager at Protea Hotel Cape Town Waterfront Breakwater Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2017

Dear meladvisor,

Thank you for taking the time to inform us of your stay at our Hotel.

We are happy to read that you found our rooms clean and enjoyed the comfort of our beds. Our Hotel comes with a bit of history, that is, only one section of the Hotel, B-block, dates back to 1859. A-block and C-block are the new additions to the hotel, offering a more modern outlook.

Location is important when selecting a holiday destination. The V & A Waterfront offers our GUESTS many wonderful opportunities to shop or browse and the many restaurants lures you to try their delicious fare. The Waterfront also offers some interesting places of entertainment.

Thank you once again for your review.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

Great venue for our recent school academy tour of South Africa. The rooms we had were a little small but clean and comfortable, beds and pillows helped provide a good nights sleep. Breakfast was really good with lots of choices. The location was great and all staff were courteous and helpful.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business

Dear Valued GUEST,

Thank you for your review and the fantastic score!

Reading your review was of great encouragement to me personally reminding me why we do what we do. Your words of appreciation make a world of difference and sets the tone for my STAFFs morale.

I will definitely share your review with my team.

Thank you once again for your fantastic review.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our Hotel when you next visit our friendly city.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 30 July 2017

I checked into this hotel and checked out of it within 30 minutes. When I went to my room, all the other guest were hanging out in the corridors, it still has the feel of a jail before lock down. If you want the feel of "Orange is the new black" this is the place for you. The bed and sheets were badly stained to boot. I simply didn't feel safe in the place. I paid in full for the night, even though I was only there for minutes, to boot the chap at reception tried to make me feel guilty about leaving, he kept pressing me for a reason for leaving. Only politeness stopped me from telling him. Dreadful experience.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
PHBWLCPT, General Manager at Protea Hotel Cape Town Waterfront Breakwater Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2017

Dear Len-G-Borg,

We are sad to read that your stay with us did not go as expected.

Our goal is GUEST satisfaction, and clearly we failed. We will take your feedback into account as we work toward improving the way we conduct our business. It is thanks to feedback like yours that we can tackle issues that may impact our most valuable asset, our GUESTS.

Knowing where we are missing the mark assists us in tackling our weaknesses as we strive improve our service.

Thank you once again for your feedback.

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

Very friendly and efficient staff. We were given a room facing the main road which was noisy, asked if we could change and we're swapped to another room without question. Bed and pillow were just like I was at home! Very good choices for breakfast: fruit, yoghurt, cereals, pastries, cooked including vegetarian and vegan options. Concierge arranged a car rental and airport transfer. Shuttle bus in the evening to and from the waterfront. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel. Special mention to Chris on reception for all his help

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2017

My aunt and I enjoyed a lovely 4 night stay at this very comfortable hotel. Very clean, amazing breakfasts and a wonderful location - 3 minute walk to the waterfront, the port for the Robben Island Tour and also the main stop for the Red Bus tours. All the staff were very friendly as well.

Room Tip: We had a great view of Table Mountain!
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
PHBWLCPT, General Manager at Protea Hotel Cape Town Waterfront Breakwater Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2017

Dear jessica982017,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at our Hotel.

We are very happy to read that you had a comfortable stay at our Hotel and enjoyed the cleanliness, amazing breakfasts and the wonderful location.

Location is important when selecting your holiday destination. And as you discovered, the Waterfront is within walking distance, as well being close to Robben Island. We hope you enjoyed the tour offered by the Hop-On-Hop-Off bus.

The Victoria & Alfred Waterfront also hosts many wonderful and interesting shops, restaurants and entertainment centres. It is also central to many Tourist attractions in and around Cape Town.

Our aim is to ensure that our GUESTS feel at home, and reading that you found our STAFF very friendly, is one way of ensuring that we are on the right path.

We hope to welcome you back to our Hotel when you next visit our friendly city.