“A wonderful find!”
Review of Sugar Hotel & Spa

Sugar Hotel & Spa
Ranked #68 of 110 Hotels in Cape Town
Reviewed 26 July 2016

Staying in this small, beautiful hotel is like being welcomed as an honored guest into somebody's home. From the moment I walk out of baggage claim at the airport to the smile of Cosi, the man who picked me up, to the small details that are everywhere, I would recommend this hotel to all. The staff are so friendly and accommodating, the room was large and comfortable for a weary traveller. I had a massage that was exactly what I needed and the view from my room was of Table Mountain. There is no question I would stay here again if and when I return.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view!
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank ldcreoNY
Nkosi_Moyo, Manager at Sugar Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2016

Dear Leisa,

Many thanks for taking time to review your experiences at our hotel. It was a pleasure having you here. We will always endeavor to ensure our Guests have a seamless experience from arrival with the transfers from the airport, through the course of stay utilizing any of our hospitality services i.e. rooms, restaurant, bar, wellness centre and tours, through to the trip back to the airport.
The room you had, while all are in different respects, is a winner with the patio, plunge pool and the views of the historic Signal Hill and its Table Mountain backdrop.
We hope your travels lead you back to us to experience the other rooms in future. We wish you only the best in all you set out to do in your travels.
Best regards

Reviewed 17 June 2016 via mobile

I stayed here for a business trip. It's a Boutique hotel with a few rooms. Very impressed! Needs a little bit of TLC but worth it! I'll be back! Was in the room by the road which is massive! Bit noisy with the street. Staff is great and helpful. Parking available too.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Raffaele M

Dear Raffaele M,

Many thanks for taking time to share your Sugar Hotel experience with the travelling world. We are glad you will be back with us in future. I would like to mention that the two back rooms work well for noise sensitive Guests. These are quite in demand and it helps to make a booking way in advance and specifically request one of these. Our staff will assist to the best of they can as you noted on your stay.
We wish you the best in all you do.

Best regards

Reviewed 4 June 2016

I spent a few nights at Sugar Hotel, and the hotel staff were extremely friendly and personable. The room was quite large, and the bed was comfortable. The hotel itself is located about a 10-15min walk from the V&A Waterfront, and there are quite a few restaurants and shops in closer walking distance. The room was kept very clean.

There were some details that could have used more attention: the robes they provided were very worn and had changed color over time. The light carpet also showed stains. Finally, I found the service in the restaurant left a lot to be desired; the waiter was so intimidating (in a 'food snob' way) that I only ate there once (the food was excellent, but I just have no patience when I feel as though I am being treated as a child).

The wifi worked intermittently during my stay, and on the last day the staff provided a personal hotspot in my room. They indicated that they were working with the telecom company as the entire hotel continued to lose wifi each day during my stay, but the issue was never resolved.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank SarahJane0488
Reviewed 21 May 2016 via mobile

I really enjoyed myself here. I was plagued with horrible weather but the staff and facilities here make you feel - simply special. It's a solid performer in the price point and I would definitely consider it again on my next visit. Location is okay, uber is easy though - and the rooms are all very cool.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 May 2016

I loved my stay at the Sugar Hotel. The staff is so nice! I was travelling alone and I really felt at home. My room was big, the breakfast was good and everything was clean and neat. I will defenitely return!

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo