“Fantastic italian”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 20 December 2017

We visited this restaurant 3years ago and it has maintained its high standards. The pasta dishes are excellent and the size of the portions are good. We had the steak tartare which was a large portion whilst I had the asparagus cooked to perfection. The ravioli with butternut filling was delightful and I had the seared tuna again a very generous portion. We had chocolate fondant to finish. The service was good waiters attentive a pleasant dining experience.

Reviewed 8 December 2017

Our hotel concierge recommend this restaurant and it was amazing! The atmosphere was very cool, the staff was friendly and the food was on point!

1  Thank Margaret R
Reviewed 7 October 2017

Located close to the Company Gardens. Can be a little difficult to find if you don't know this part of town. Elegant Italian dishes using fresh local ingredients. Outstanding was the trio of game and the ostrich, ravioli were also excellent. The room is beautifully designed with a tree at its center (upstairs dining area). Great solid service. We have been here many times over the years and it never fails to please.

giorgionava, Owner at 95 Keerom, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2017

Reviewed 1 October 2017

Seriously, I've had pasta in places throughout the world, but the ravioli here was beyond any of them. Excellent service, salad, great wine list, to boot.

Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

My husband and I got married a week ago and decided to take our new family for a "thank you dinner".

I left humiliated.

Our waiter received a R250 tip, but proceeded to ask in front of our guests what our problem is for not tipping at least 10%, apparently the menu requests this. Yes, for 6 OR MORE. We were 5?

Because we had to ask for wine 3 times but helped ourselves in the end. When the pregnant one asked for well done meat, a sigh, eye rolling and "we don't do that here" ensued.

I don't care, there is nothing wrong with my money there should be nothing wrong with what I choose to put in my mouth.

The arrogance, average-for-the-price food and absolute unnecessary sass left me embarrassed in front of our guests. Literal and figurative bad taste left in my mouth.

I'm out!

1  Thank Lisaleopard07
giorgionava, Owner at 95 Keerom, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2017

I always like to reply particularly when the facts are wrong: The tip you left was R123 on a R2 400 bill and not R250 as stated in your review and the waiter was very attentive to your table. The email below is self explanatory.

95 Keerom will not miss you.

To whom it may concern;

My hasband and I got married a week ago, and decided that we would take our new family for a thank you dinner.

I left humiliated.

We have a policy to not tip on wine, in general. It does not make sense to dish out R500 on a 5k bottle of wine.

None the less, tip is not deserved, especially, if we had to ask for our glasses to be filled on three occasions. Secondly, I reserve the right to decide on what I want to give to a waiter.

Upon paying our bill, the waiter requested 10% even though he received over a R200 tip already - tried to bully us by saying the menu requests 10%. Luckily I always read fine print, and I know your menu has a standard 10% surcharge for a table of 6 OR MORE. We were 5?

After explaining our policy and pointing out that the menu is no authority for his demanded 10% he continued his sass.

It's so sad that one incident destroyed your reputation with me, and I will make sure my colleagues at the advocates chambers (yes, were one of your frequent guests) understand the poor experience. We will never be returning.

I have seen on your trip advisor reviews that any complaint is met with extreme arrogance, so please don't bother with responding.

Kind Regards