“A treasure tucked away”

Travel Bugs Garden Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 123 Restaurants in George
Cuisines: International, Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Travel Bugs - your local eatery and garden cafe is the best kept secret on the Garden Route All our food is freshly prepared, our service attentive and the atmosphere peaceful and relaxing. Our salads have created their own reputation; we bake our own whole wheat and white bread; and our menu is full of surprises. The beautiful garden with its fountains and running water create a peaceful eating experience in the heart of George. On Saturday mornings we are available for small functions such as baby showers, birthdays and kitchen teas. To inspire your next travel holiday, we stock a full range of Lonely Planet Travel Books and maps. Travel Bugs is on the Garden Route Culinary Awards list of top 20 restaurants and is also recognised as a culinary legend, their highest award.
Reviewed 18 March 2016

Such an amazing restaurant - lovely garden setting if your prefer to sit outside under the canopies. The food is all cooked on the premises with fresh vegetables, salads and the deserts are to die for. Great atmosphere - excellent staff and service. During my stay in George we called in at least once a week - mostly for lunch but sometimes just to meet other friends and drink coffee.

Reviewed 15 March 2016

Always friendly and efficient service. One wouldn't expect the nice relaxing garden at the back which is very popular. So much yummy choices on the menu and top coffee! In George's restaurant cluster around the top of YorkStr. Pop in here for a quick lunch or for a peaceful afternoon in the garden area.

Reviewed 15 March 2016 via mobile

We are frequent visitors to Travel Bugs and are never disappointed. The menu is varied, excellent value for money and most importantly delicious. The staff are always so friendly and helpful nothing is too much trouble.
My only complaint is that they are not open in the evening !!!

Reviewed 29 February 2016

The coffee smelled so good that I actually turned around to go inside, at first glance it looked like an okay little place, then I stepped inside, it was so pretty! with all the lanterns hanging from the ceiling, the smell of fresh coffee being made, the aroma of freshly toasted bread.

I walked up to the counter to order coffee, one lady on the phone and the other behind the coffee machine, waiting to order my coffee I stand and wait, the first finishes the phone call and proceeds to go on with something other than the client behind her and the second one looking in my direction, but finishing the other order.

So the first one turns around, looks at me, and then looks at the lady behind the coffee machine and they actually start to argue about who is going to help me....

I turned around and walked out, nr.1 really irritated and nr. 2 very disappointed.

I finished with my meeting across the road and started walking towards my car, but still wanted coffee, as soon as I walk in the second time, both of these ladies looked at me and apologized.

If it wasn't for my love of good coffee I probable wouldn't have gone back in!

Reviewed 24 February 2016

TRAVEL BUGS has been a favourite of mine for over fourteen
years. The service, food and choice on the menu is always good. They have a delightful Garden or you can eat inside.