ArendsRus Country Lodge(George)(Great Value!)
US$42
US$39
AmaSun B&B(George)
US$64
Protea Hotel George Outeniqua(George)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
US$77
US$66
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsmassive fireplacehotel georgecalamaridinner menuvery nice hotelsleeper couchshort staystandard roomcooked breakfastrooms are cleanovernight stayenjoyed my stayone night staywalking distanceexcellent stayon arrivalsecure parking
Reviewed 13 May 2017 via mobile

Stayed here on an bussiness trip. The rooms are clean well maintained. Bathrooms are clean and served my purposes perfectly. I enjoyed my stay and staff was friendly. It is centrally situated and you are near to all main sites.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Fuad D
Reviewed 6 May 2017

The stand out thing that I remember was arriving at 6pm after a hectic day of work on the road only to be told that they could not find my booking. My room had been booked and paid for 2 weeks prior but the booking was nowhere to be found and the hotel was fully booked that night!!!. Luckily I had all the email correspondence as I had booked online. The manager arrived and he also couldn't find the booking. Apparently they had changed booking systems recently and it had deleted my booking and possibly double booked someone else. I eventually got a room after 7pm.

The room had no shower but was otherwise very comfortable. The tap in the bath fell off when I used it but to be fair I could screw it back on.
The room was very noisy as it faced the main road and cars could be heard all night as welll as people talking.
My omelette for breakfast was still runny inside.

The room itself was very comfortable but the rest needs some attention. Hopefully the booking system is sorted.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 April 2017 via mobile

We had stayed for 3 nights. It was centrally located.The staff were very polite and friendly. The room was very cozy. The room was kinda duplex.There was a additional bed for kids upstairs for which you have to climb up those wooden ladder. Interesting concept! Only one strange thing was that there was no refrigerator in the room(I think it's everywhere in SA). Though the staff was very accomodative and they helped us by keeping our perishable food items in their refrigerator.i would highly recommend this place forum a peaceful and calm stay! And yes loved their veg omelet in breakfast...really delicious!

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 March 2017

Hotel is centrally situated in George. Walking distance to Spur restaurant.
Staff are not that friendly or acomadating. Bathrooms are plain but functional. No bath sadly. Walls in the hotel are paper thin. Can hear the other guests talking in rooms above and on side. Rooms facing the road are noisy from cars and a continuous barking dog from house across the way. Can hear guests showering and using bathroom facilities. Otherwise a mid priced hotel if you just need a place to crash.

Room Tip: Wifi limited to 1gb and poor signal strength
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 January 2017 via mobile

What a fantastic place.We really enjoyed our stay.Fiendly staff and a great G.manager .We will definitely go back thanks Clint and Kobus for making us feel at home .Service was good,rooms very comfortable and it really is a great family place.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family