Asara Wine Estate & Hotel
US$115
Fijndraai Cottages(Stellenbosch)(Great Value!)
US$80
Orbitz.com
The Wild Mushroom Luxury Country House(Stellenbosch)(Great Value!)
US$74
US$108
US$105
Acara(Stellenbosch)
US$111
All reviewsgin barmise en placewhite cabgin tastingbell toweroverlooking the lakecape townmacaroonswine estateour honeymoonstunning viewstasting roomstellenbosch mountainssouth africaattention to detailbeautiful placegins
Reviewed 6 November 2011

My wife, baby and I chose Asara for a weekend away from the Cape for a friend's wedding.

What an excellent choice! The hotel is situated just outside Stellenbosch on a wonderful wine farm.

I have to say they really made an effort to make us feel at home and accommodate our baby. My wife had requested a high chair and cot before our arrival and this was no problem at all for the hotel. In fact when we arrived they had actually given us an upgrade to a suite. We had only booked a very small room. Nice touch! The suite was amazing with a huge lounge which was perfect for the cot. They also provide a high quality hi-chair. They where also amazing when we needed food heating etc.

Our suite overlooked a dam which provided a damn fine view! The ducks where slightly noisy and woke us up on the Sunday morning. But the feeling of being in the country is very relaxing. The suite also had it's own wrap-around balcony with sun loungers and a set of table and chairs. So basically we didnt need to leave the room.

My only complaints where the pillows which where a bit thick and the telephone which is tricky to use.

Our rate included breakfast which was served in the restaurant called Rafaels. Very good buffet selection with a choice of hot breakfast orders. I had a cheese omlette the first day and some pancakes with maple syrup the 2nd day. We also room service in the room.

They have a deli next to the restaurant which has brilliant cakes and coffee if you want a snack.

All in all I would definitely recommend it for a romantic getaway or a weekend away in the country.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank NATO2012
Reviewed 24 October 2011

A must for everyone staying in the Area. Just located out of Stellenbosch the estate is a beautiful oasis in spectacular surroundings. Stayed for one night and enjoyed all of the modern facilities. Start your stay with a tasting of the delicious Asara wines, overlooking the vineyards and the lake, enjoy the excellent food and service at Raphael's and finish off your evening at the Bar with a cigar and one of the many whiskys of the incredible selection.

Not only are the hotel and its facilities of high standard and welcoming, but the service was excellent with attention to details. A glass of Asara upon arrival and home made chololates are assuring a sweet arrival and will not leave any wishes unfulfilled.

I can only recommend to visit the Asara estate, take a break and enjoy the good things in life.

Room Tip: Some rooms require further walking to reach the main facilities but also seem more peaceful.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 October 2011

Only 30 miles East of Cape Town, Asara Wine Estate is a definitely a convenient 'hub' from which one can explore the area - including Cape Town. We have stayed a few places that have not only met our wildest expectations, but have exceeded them. South Africa has some serious, personal security, problems, however Asara is a 'island' of tranquility. The staff is excellent, the food is suburb, the wine outstanding...... Trust us - you will not be sorry... we wish we had stayed a week!

Room Tip: All the rooms are outstanding...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 October 2011

My husband and I recently spent two nights of our honeymoon at Asara. Asara is a gorgeous property with stunning views. The staff were delightful, the rooms were heavenly and offered radiant floor heat, jacuzzi tub, and heated towel racks. Rafael's, the restaurant, offered tasty local options and properly sized portions. (I found that to be the case at many restaurants in South Africa. I appreciate thoughtful portions that are meant for one person and not four.) The Eggs Benedict at breakfast were to die for! I am still thinking about them!

Asara is conveniently located among the other wineries in Stellenbosch, so it's easy to rent a car and venture out for the day to explore other properties and charming downtown Stellenbosch.

My only regret is that we didn't spend a third or even a fourth night at Asara. Next time we will!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2011

We stayed at Asara during our honeymoon and extended our one night to two because the hotel was great and location was key. The entire staff was friendly, outgoing and helpful. They assisted me and arranged for a driver less than 12 hours prior to our arrival and request. We booked on hotels.com and I emailed them directly. They were helpful and wanted to accommodate our needs in any way they could. Would highly recommend!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple