Long overdue review...my wife and I visited Asara in Oct 2010 for our honeymoon and we had a fantastic stay at the estate! Rooms were spacious, comfortable and had the most awesome views. Breakfast was unbeatable especially when you're surrounded by open countryside, lakes and towering mountains in the background. The wines were also pretty good even though they were relatively more expensive than the surrounding estates.
We also rented bicycles from the reception to cycle around the estate and it was a great way to work off those calories especially after so much eating and drinking. Although I wont advice cycling after wine tasting :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Asara is a 5-star hotel, set on a 180-hectare wine estate, in the heart of the Cape Winelands. The hotel offers warm hospitality, luxury accommodation, and the finest in food and wines - at highly competitive rates. A major feature of the hotel is its unique location on the Polkadraai Hills just outside of Stellenbosch, which affords stunning views of the surrounding vineyards and mountains, and creates a relaxed, get-away atmosphere. Asara is situated just 4kms from Stellenbosch and 25kms from Cape Town International Airport, making it ideal as a base from which to discover and explore the fabulous Cape Winelands, and further afield in the Western Cape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Asara Wine Estate & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Asara Wine Estate Hotel Stellenbosch
- Asara Wine Estate And Hotel