“Perfect views of the moods of the mountains”
Review of Moores End

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Stellenbosch
Moores End
Reviewed 25 August 2016

This excellent accommodation could not have been better sited to view the Hottentot Holland mountains. There are several cottages and we were lucky to get 'The Nest' which probably had the best views second only to the 'big house'. One cannot help but marvel at the mountains. Staying there for a week gave us an opportunity to view the many moods of the mountains. We managed to take some pictures (attached) that capture the moods of the mountains as seen from Moore's End. Need I say that the accommodations are excellent, clean and comfortable and far exceeded our expectation for the low rates requested.

Room Tip: The Nest is best for Views, the rest are more roomy and designed for families.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LipKee
There are newer reviews for Moores End

Reviewed 1 May 2016 via mobile

You can't beat the value for money if you tried! Clean towels, clean linen, gorgeous views and a hostess, Sibs, the friendliest and most accommodating owner you could wish to find! Mpumi, her trusted assistant, was incredibly warm, efficient and helpful.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 February 2016

We stayed in Sascha´s cottage. Spacious, clean, fully ecuipped kitchen, a HUGE patio with braii and fantastic views of the surrounding mountains. A large pool where our soon spend much time. Perpect location and within a short ride to most attractions around Stellenbosch.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 January 2016

The setting is beautiful and the pool was amazing in the heatwave but overall the accommodation is a little tired The fans were all broken and there were no clean towels in the one room and there were ants in the shower. Security also needs an upgrade as our car window got smashed.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank brigittebk2016
Reviewed 9 January 2016 via mobile

My husband and I booked in for a stay over New Years for a wedding, the day before we arrived we got a email from Sibs the owner to say we had been upgraded to their best cottage. When we arrived we found out we had been put back in our original room "the nest" and they had upgraded our friends arriving the same day instead. When I queried this with Sibs and explained she got very upset over the phone with me and kept asking me what my problem was and telling me she was doing me a favour for even booking me for one night. She then proceeded to tell me my friends paid more for their stay even though they too had booked "the nest". So they double booked the room, upgraded us, removed us from the upgrade to upgrade my friends and don't keep their rate consistent. It would have been ok if the room was worth the money. "The nest" is all white, but the bedding and couches are horribly horribly stained. There is no Air Conditioning either which makes for an unpleasant stay in the wine lands in summer. We decided to then rather stay in the other cottage with our friends and were still made to pay the full rate. The whole thing was just unpleasant and unprofessional. I understand things change but to talk to your customers like that is just rude..and definitely not the way to get repeat business or recommendations.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends